DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Person has these wheels for sale near me. He wants 100 for all 4. He said they are off a 300 but he does not know the year. Is he correct and are they worth 100. Would they look ok on a intrepid? Are these oem wheels?

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Those are one of my other favorite wheels on these cars. Only "problem" is they are 16's so they arent very big lol. What shape are the tires in? How many center caps are there? Any road rash? Even if they are scarred to hell and peeling in numerous places, $100 is a steal for all 4.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
I think all 300m's are 17's no?

Your not paying $100 with tires are you ?

No question they would look good on your car,what wheels are those on now?

I'll trade you some 18" magnums!

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
yea those wheels are off of a 300m, the wheels you have on your car currently would be off of a 300, not a 300m

·
Registered
424 Posts
and if wlb doesnt get em point him my way. All 300m rims are 17's i believe except for the 300m's that came with the php. I believe they all came with the 16inch concorde lxi rims.

·
Speed is Power
6,687 Posts
They are 17s, I have a set that I'm going to use for winter. I perfer the 18s. Anyway you look at it, it is a steal! Even if they need to be redone its a good price. jump on it bro!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok guys here is the deal. I see one of the wheels are missing a center cap. So im emailing him back now to see if he has it. If not im going to see if he will take 75.00 for them so i can buy a center cap.

·
Speed is Power
6,687 Posts
Bro, If he doesnt take 75.00 pay the 100. Seriously they are worth it!

I got a buddy in SC and I will give you 150 for them.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Its like $20-$30 for a center cap. Those wheels look like they will clean up very nicely. Pay the $100 before he realizes how much they are really worth lol

·
Registered
258 Posts
Definitely worth the money. I had two extra - similar to these - when my dad and I both had LHSs. I think we sold the pair for $125-150. I'll only mention this after living with chrome-plated wheels for 5 years, they corrode like it's nobody's business. They will corrode around the valve stem and around the bead causing leaks. They are pretty, but they are a PITA in my opinion. I personally wouldn't own another set of chrome wheels, based on my experience (which may not be representative).

By the way, I am a metallurgist, and this happens with these wheels because of galvanic corrosion between the chrome plate and the base metal - aluminum, I believe. Good luck!

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
lol a dude is asking 100 for 4 wheels and ur gona try and offer him 75 cause of a missing center cap . u know most of the time those wheels would be 400-1200 depending on the tires.

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
Kevin - your current rims look better than the ones you are considering.
That being said, if you can get those 4 chrome rims with the tires for $100, then get them. If you can't really spare the money or don't like how they look, you have other members that will buy them off of you apparently.

Just remember that you will need somewhere to store 4 rims with tires as you can't have 2 sets on at the same time. :)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts