DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this will get alot of you worked up but I need to get it off my chest. Since I have been on this forum All I see is people talking **** about ricers or pretty much anything that is not an Intrepid.That is fine if you really like Intrepids. I like mine, but I started looking at some of your signitures. Some of them are more rettarded that the ricers. I see stuff like nos floormats that are sold at wal-mart, cd changer, blue headlights, or debadged. Those are not mods in my opinion, but if you are one of the ones who put crap like that in your signiture than maybe you should not talk **** about someone with a civic that is doing the same thing.

·
Registered
532 Posts
You have a point. But there is little respect on the web and I’m sure the guys over on the ricer forums talk trash about us 4 door-grandma car owners. At least that’s what I’ve been called a few times by my ricer friends.
The nice thing about the web is you’re never a captive audience. You can leave when you want. You can ignore what you want when you want.
Nobody really gives a monkey piss. :monkeypis

-GB49

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
Hmmm...

I don't call people ricers, even though I think foot-tall spoilers and unpainted body kits on imports are funny. I think fart cans in general are kinda funny - that goes for dual exhausts on 4 cylinders too

The reason I put my "modifications" or changes, if you will, in my signature is so that other people will know what additional work I have done and can ask me questions about it if they want.

I based the purchase of my Super Sporzas because I asked someone who had them in their sig about it. I know that changing wipers and light bulbs and running synthetic motor oil is not that big of a thing but I like my sig.
If you don't like it, you can always turn off signatures in your control panel.

Peace out

·
Speed is Power
6,687 Posts
Well 1st of all, I want too see nos floormats in somones signiture. I have nos floormats, but its not like I went out and bought them, they were given to me by my aunt, and she died.

I shouldnt really be repling to this post because I have never talked crap about any ricers, I could careless about them. If your gonna say this whole forum is talking crap about ricers then you need to place this in the general section or the whatever section.
If you didnt notice you posted this in the Performance / Modifications (First Generation)First generation performance and modification discussion.

I will quote GB49
Nobody really gives a monkey piss.
Maybe my OPTX MultiColor L.E.D. UnderCar Kit, is too ricey

·
Registered
15 Posts
GB49 said:
The nice thing about the web is you’re never a captive audience. You can leave when you want. You can ignore what you want when you want.
Nobody really gives a monkey piss. :monkeypis

-GB49
Agreed.
:beat:

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
Actually, if you were really familiar with this forum you would understand that most of what you said is false. Us anti-ricers don't dislike everything other than intrepids. I simply dislike a car that has useless and distasteful mods such as a park bench spoiler, a fart can, or a body kit that is never going to be painted. These cars are not limited to imports, the term ricer simply originated because the majority of these types of cars are imports. I consider many intrepid owners on this site as ricers whereas there are tastefully modded imports that I respect. There is nothing ricer about debadging, as a matter of fact, most ricers don't remove their badges. They usually slap on VTEC or TYPE R badges. My personal favorite is the "Powered by insert car manufacturer here. Oh, thanks for telling me, I thought the engine in your civic was built by volvo. If you bolt parts on that look ridiculous and actually make your car slower and then talk about how you're a hardcore racer and your car owns all, you're a ricer; whether you drive an lh, a civic, or an integra.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
CAZ97 said:
I know this will get alot of you worked up but I need to get it off my chest. Since I have been on this forum All I see is people talking **** about ricers or pretty much anything that is not an Intrepid.That is fine if you really like Intrepids. I like mine, but I started looking at some of your signitures. Some of them are more rettarded that the ricers. I see stuff like nos floormats that are sold at wal-mart, cd changer, blue headlights, or debadged. Those are not mods in my opinion, but if you are one of the ones who put crap like that in your signiture than maybe you should not talk **** about someone with a civic that is doing the same thing.
:gives:

·
Registered
6,362 Posts
I actually agree with you to an extent. There are a ton of members here who have a double standard when it comes to what they call "ricers." Not to mention the fact that they completely misunderstand the meaning of "ricer." But there really isnt a need to post about it.

Obviously we all have pride in our cars, otherwise we wouldnt post pictures or signatures. And we've all had our phases where we felt the need to load up on floor mats, steering wheel covers and christmas tree air fresheners. But as long as an owner is a good person and does what they like, I dont see why we should ever get on their case about it.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
(Ricer: from the latin word Ricarius meaning to suck at everything you attempt)

A person who makes unecessary modifications to their most often import car (hence the term "rice") to make it (mostly make it look) faster. The most common modifications are (but not limited to):

- Huge exhaust that serves no purpose but to make the car louder
- Large spoiler on the back that looks like something Boeing made for the 747
- Lots of after-market company stickers they don't have parts from, but must be cool
- Expensive rims that usually cost more than the car itself
- Bodykit to make the car appear lower, usually accented with chicken wire
- Clear tail lights and corner signals
- A "performace intake"- a tube that feeds cold air to their engine usually located in areas of excessive heat (behind or on top of the engine)
- Most of these riced cars (a.k.a. rice rockets or rice burners) are imports; Honda Civics, Accords, Integras, CRXs, RSXs, Del Sols Mitsubishi Eclipses, Lancers, Subaru Imprezas, however there are some domestics such as Chevrolet Caviliers, Dodge Neons, Ford Focus; small, slow, economy cars designed specifically to go slow. Please note that some Supras, Skylines, WRX's and other higher performance imports are designed to go fast, and are therfore not always considered rice. It really depends on the severity of the case.

The "ricer" attempts to make their car "performance" by adding the modifications listed above. These ricers are not confined to any one ethnic group or color, however different ethnic groups are known for certain styles.

Honda Civics with big spoilers and 4" exhaust tips are considered to be ricers.

When a moron (see: retard, dumbass) decides to take a car (foreign or domestic) and tries to make it look fast. The car will not really gain any hp or performance, but it will gain numerous stickers and yellow paint. It can be identified by one of the following:
1. The sound of a loud fart in a coffee can.
2. The yellow blob with a bookshelf on the trunk that is 1/4 mile behind real cars.
3. A Honda that has "performance mods" such as stickers, seat harnesses, and a fire extinguisher in full view (just in case the things catches on fire when it hits 40 mph).
4. A driver who claims his car has 100hp per liter but will not fess up to the fact that his car has a total of 43 ft/lbs of torque.

·
Registered
646 Posts
rofl fire extinguisher in full view, just incase things catch on fire when it hits 40mph, thats so classic... I think I'm going to have to get one for my car now... hahaha

·
Registered
455 Posts
apcsox, you nailed it, coulndt have said it better myself. but you left out the part about a bad attitude. i've never met a true ricer that had a decent personality. they are usually dicks, and when you smoke'em they do some really stupid **** like row a sonic cup out the window tryin to hit your car with it. or duck in front of you and slam the brakes tryint to make you rear end'em so they can sue you for enough money to get a real car.met a guy with a vette a few weeks ago that could be called nothing but a ricer. but an example of hte attitude is this.
(1) dude i lover your car, i woulda painted it blue instead of black though, but its still a great car. (2) **** you, i dont care if you like my paint my cars better thans yours and its faster.
(1) dude i lover your car, i woulda painted it blue instead of black though, but its still a great car. (3) thanks man, i was thinkin about maybe goind blue or gunmetal, but settled on black cause my gf liked it. what you drivin?

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
Yea i also agree to an extent on this site and in general about "ricers" Sure there are posts about floor mats etc, do i personally consider those mods, not in a tradional sense. But i don't make a fuss out of it for repsect. The majority of the members on this site are nice people who love there cars. IF they want to put soemthing on it go for it, othes may not like what they did all the time or any of the time, but they love there car, they are heer to share it with others who love there cars, to give them the repsect the deserve and let them have there fun and enjoy taking pride in there rides, whether it be floormats, big fart tip, big wing, yellow stickers etc, just respect thats what they like and let them be.

To each his own i say

·
Registered
455 Posts
oh i keep a fire extenguisher in my car, in full view. its a paranoid thing though. my step dad is in the fire department, and ive seen a dozen or so times that one could have save alot of money, and property damage, and once that it could have saved a life. also nearly everyone i know is dumb enough to leave the rag they check the oil with some where in the engine compartment. and i know i need a new valve cover gasket (fire hazard from the leaving oil). besides its fun to see how many people actually ask what it is, and get all excited expecting to see some kind of... 900 cid massive block... v.. w 19, 5000 hp exotic engine. once a guy ran around tellin everyone i had nitrous "cause hes got so much hores (yes hores) power that he needs a 'fyur extingishur'." he drove a honda with a 52 inch blayde wing on 14 inch pillars 13 inch lowrider rims (the tiny ones with white wall tires) and a MOPAR banner with a 2 foot plymouth pentagon on his back glass, triple fart cans and more leds than the test gadget collection at NASA. and the only part of that thats embelished, is the p[art about hte leds, but he had more LEDs than i felt like counting.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
arguing on the internet is like being in the special olympics:

even if you win you are still retarded

(not meant to offend those who are retarded)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Well, I agree with the starter of this thread. But you also have to look at it this way. People have pride. Some members in here really love their cars. And in most cases, they want to be unique. Be different from most. which their cars end up looking ver nice. And some just go over board and dont realize that they riced out their cars. Idk, thats what I think.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts