DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Speed is Power
6,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(The reason for my post is too get some more ideas and too figure out what you guys have and what I can do, I like it when you can see the light and not the tube or source. Please help me with some ideas)

Well if you are neon crazy, heres a site I found today. Has anyone ever bought from here? They have some cool ideas/buys. http://www.urban-neon-car-lights.com

Right now, Heres what I got:
OPTX Multi-Color L.E.D. UnderCar Kit
LED Singles
5 - 10" (of light tubes)

Heres what I like from the site and I will buy in the future:

LED lighting for your door handle

Plasmaglow Strobe Lighting Kit (I want strobe lights in the front of my car, however I want the fog lights to work with the headlight ones. For example left headlight - right foglight then right headlight - left foglight.

New blue headlights (what kinds are the best?)

LED Windshield Washer Lights (what do people think of these)

Street Glow Multi-Color Wheel Well Kit (I love the idea, however lots of money)

I know alot of you think this is just another dumb post. However, i just got my car back and I would love some ideas on things to do. Please help me and tell me what you guys have tired and what you guys think would look the best. Also I really want to get new headlightbulbs. I just bought 2 brand new headlights and they are clear as heck not foggy.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I wouldn't get the handle lights, thats a lil over the top for me. The headlight neons actully look really nice. and the washer lights, we dont have those on our intrepid, so i put mine on my bumper (lol) it looked good tho.

·
Speed is Power
6,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you have a picture of them on your bumper? What kind of headlight bulbs should I buy?

·
Registered
139 Posts
i love neons. i actually have the washer lights on my trep. had to cut the metal under the hood to get to them. dumb thing to do but i bet there aint to many treps with them. also i put 3 l.e.d lights in them car seat things by the back window just an idea for ya. just drilled a hole in each one

Reactions: Badasstrep

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
why would u get blue washer nozzles?? Whats the point, they are a poor quality product and serve no purpose.

Handle lights, maybe but not blue, something visible like white leds. At lest that makes sense but even the handles is a litte over the top.

Just stick leds where u normall have 194 bulbs in the interior. Its a clean mod that wont look like a ricer civic.

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
I've been wanting to put interior lighting in for a while now. I will be putting in two blue LEDs under each the driver side and the passenger side. This should give a nice glow.

I have blue LEDs currently in the grill (ten LEDs each side) that I wired into the parking lights. They are currently covered up pending a re-wire into a switch. A cop wanted to be an ass about it and pulled me over for them. They weren't flashing or anything. I never understood those stupid laws. Although I did think they were white LEDs before I wired them up.

I have washer nozzle LEDs (white) that I plan on putting in this spring. I also have red LED bolts I plan on using to mount my license plate instead of the standard screws. I also plan on putting a blue LED behind each front speaker grill.

I love accent lighting. :)

·
Registered
6,362 Posts
I, as most people, went through my "Neon Phase" a couple of years back. I currently have an underbody kit and a light in the trunk to show off my subs.

The eclipse won't be getting any neons for a number of reasons, most notably the fact that any neon/LEDs out there have too many problems. Every set i've owned from the street glow gold series, all the way down to the $30 ones on ebay have had something go wrong with them. Whether they short out due to water, the wires get tangled on something, or they just flat out die, Im tired of the upkeep associated with them so I've quit altogether.

I would also have to say that 95% of the people who add neons to their car do so in poor taste (even some members of this board). I believe washer lights are lame along with valve stem lights. If you're going to make the jump into neon lighting, be sure to choose a color that works with your car (ex. Red lights look dumb on a green car) and don't go overboard. That's my .02

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Warlord187 said:
I've been wanting to put interior lighting in for a while now. I will be putting in two blue LEDs under each the driver side and the passenger side. This should give a nice glow.

I have blue LEDs currently in the grill (ten LEDs each side) that I wired into the parking lights. They are currently covered up pending a re-wire into a switch. A cop wanted to be an ass about it and pulled me over for them. They weren't flashing or anything. I never understood those stupid laws. Although I did think they were white LEDs before I wired them up.

I have washer nozzle LEDs (white) that I plan on putting in this spring. I also have red LED bolts I plan on using to mount my license plate instead of the standard screws. I also plan on putting a blue LED behind each front speaker grill.

I love accent lighting. :)

LOL...Rember at the meet, when i said that some cop is gonna be a dick and pull you over for those? u didnt believe me!
lol...that actually is a *****, but o well, **** happens right?

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
Badasstrep said:
LOL...Rember at the meet, when i said that some cop is gonna be a dick and pull you over for those? u didnt believe me!
lol...that actually is a *****, but o well, **** happens right?
Yeah. The cop also forgot to give me my license back. I'm glad I checked. I had to yell at him and at first he didn't understand what I was saying. That was an interesting moment. It was a Troy city cop too. I knew if I got pulled over it would be by a Troy city cop. I may have been able to fight it. But it was only a civil infraction and wasn't worth my time.

·
Speed is Power
6,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you for the input and ideas. However, I want to get blue headlights, what kind should I buy. Anyone have any problems with brands?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts