DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:icon_mad: I was walking past my car today and I noticed a small puddle uner the car so I backed it up to see what it was and it's coolant!
I have such terrible luck with coolant leaks with my cars.

This leak is coming from the front, somewhere in the middle. I'll probably take it to a garage tomorrow to get it looked at. But until then any ideas where it could be leaking from?
I don't think it's the radiator because the leak wasn't under the radiator. I'll look under the hood a little better to see if I see any wet spots anywhere. :(

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Which engine? I have a feeling you have a 3.3? Could be blown headgaskets, thermostat housing gasket... Leaky hose... That is if it appears to be up in the front...

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When was the last time the water pump was replaced? Is it a high-mileage engine?

It is a higher mileage car. I don't know when the last time the water pump was replaced I haven't had the car for THAT long.

·
Registered
443 Posts
:icon_mad: I was walking past my car today and I noticed a small puddle uner the car so I backed it up to see what it was and it's coolant!
I have such terrible luck with coolant leaks with my cars.

This leak is coming from the front, somewhere in the middle. I'll probably take it to a garage tomorrow to get it looked at. But until then any ideas where it could be leaking from?
I don't think it's the radiator because the leak wasn't under the radiator. I'll look under the hood a little better to see if I see any wet spots anywhere. :(
If it's a 3.5, the water pump is right behind the timing plate and it's a somewhat "V" shape, so it might be trickling to the centre and leaking out at the centre.

Additionally, the upper rad hose connects to the flange in the centre. Check the bleeder to ensure its not leaking, the upper hose clamp and the gasket for leaks.

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
If it's a 3.5, the water pump is right behind the timing plate and it's a somewhat "V" shape, so it might be trickling to the centre and leaking out at the centre.

Yep, there is a weep hole built into the bottom of the V for the timing belt housing and cover.

·
Dain bramaged
7,214 Posts
the 3.3 water pump is the blank looking pully just to the right of the crank pully. if it is leaking it could be running down the timing cover and dripping onto the ground, it could also be the small hose that runs from the back of the pump to the intake manifold or it could be the thermostat housing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts