1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The sweetness: 2004 Trep SXT, red, 50k miles
The deal: $10k sticker, could have talked down to mid-8's
Where: Lithia Dodge, Omaha

I've been looking for a 2nd-gen to replace my 97 that's about to hit 120k. But in this town, non-2.7 2nd gens are nearly impossible to come by. So imagine my excitement when I found this absolutely cherry puppy on my lunch break Friday!

Unfortunately I had prior commitments and couldn't get to the dealer until Saturday.

It was gone! The guy said it had been on the lot less than four days!
Bah! :crying:

I don't suppose any of you other Omaha DInet'ers happened to spot it too, or even worse, bought it out from under me?!!

·
Registered
235 Posts
The sweetness: 2004 Trep SXT, red, 50k miles
The deal: $10k sticker, could have talked down to mid-8's
Where: Lithia Dodge, Omaha

I've been looking for a 2nd-gen to replace my 97 that's about to hit 120k. But in this town, non-2.7 2nd gens are nearly impossible to come by. So imagine my excitement when I found this absolutely cherry puppy on my lunch break Friday!

Unfortunately I had prior commitments and couldn't get to the dealer until Saturday.

It was gone! The guy said it had been on the lot less than four days!
Bah! :crying:

I don't suppose any of you other Omaha DInet'ers happened to spot it too, or even worse, bought it out from under me?!!
If you're in the mood to take a trip out to The Empire State, we've got intrepids coming out of our ears. I tell ya, it's like they were the most popular car to ever be made out here. You can't go 5 miles without seeing at least 2. Anyways, that said, there's a TON of them. Buy one here for a steal and tow it back?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just did a search for Treps in Syracuse and found this: http://tinyurl.com/4hmqo3
Practically the same car I described above.

Although I did notice there are fewer on the market there than here...

·
Registered
157 Posts
It seems that everyone in eastern Iowa has an intrepid, but not many of them are for sale, and the ones you do find are 2.7's. I was VERY lucky to find mine. I'll keep my eyes open for ya, its only a 5-6 hour drive from here to Omaha.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, blue. I've already got my mother scouring that area - she lives in Grand Mound, if you know where that is - but a second set of eyes couldn't hurt!

·
Registered
739 Posts
The northeast in general seems to have been a big home for 'Treps. I live in northeast NJ and I see atleast 2-3 different ones, every day. Theres also quite a few in local sales lots and auctions. They all disappear as fast as they show up though.

·
Registered
235 Posts
The northeast in general seems to have been a big home for 'Treps. I live in northeast NJ and I see atleast 2-3 different ones, every day. Theres also quite a few in local sales lots and auctions. They all disappear as fast as they show up though.
Now that's the mark of a good car.

·
Registered
342 Posts
If you're in the mood to take a trip out to The Empire State, we've got intrepids coming out of our ears. I tell ya, it's like they were the most popular car to ever be made out here. You can't go 5 miles without seeing at least 2. Anyways, that said, there's a TON of them. Buy one here for a steal and tow it back?
tow it back.... why would he want to do that..???
drive the darn thing back, much more fun...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts