DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
With some talk here lately about still finding a good used Intrepid, below is a link to a great article with photos from last year on Jalopnik.com about a pristine 1994 Chrysler Concord 3.5L (Intrepid clone) for sale that was in a storage garage - owned by a 95 year old woman who passed away in 2015. The link to sale listing site looks like it eventually sold, but I'd guess probably for a significantly lower offer. How much would you pay for it? A few interesting reader comments on this below the article.

"Purchased new by a 74 year old woman who lived in a Home Care Facility, where the car was kept in climate controlled storage until she passed in 2015 at the age of 95. The Chrysler remains in new condition as a time capsule from 1994."

At $10,995, Could This Museum-Quality 1994 Chrysler Concorde Get You Jetting To Buy It?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
How about this time capsule

That one is great too. I like hearing the stories about these super low-mileage finds. Often it is a person who bought the car new just before retiring and then no longer driving much at all, but keeping it garaged. Maybe only putting on several hundred miles every year.

·
Registered
36 Posts
With some talk here lately about still finding a good used Intrepid, below is a link to a great article with photos from last year on Jalopnik.com about a pristine 1994 Chrysler Concord 3.5L (Intrepid clone) for sale that was in a storage garage - owned by a 95 year old woman who passed away in 2015. The link to sale listing site looks like it eventually sold, but I'd guess probably for a significantly lower offer. How much would you pay for it? A few interesting reader comments on this below the article.

"Purchased new by a 74 year old woman who lived in a Home Care Facility, where the car was kept in climate controlled storage until she passed in 2015 at the age of 95. The Chrysler remains in new condition as a time capsule from 1994."

At $10,995, Could This Museum-Quality 1994 Chrysler Concorde Get You Jetting To Buy It?
I actually saw this car on cars.com on more than one occasion. I couldn't believe the mileage each time I saw it. My parents considered buying it for a second until they saw the price and said no only bc it we didn't have 11 grand just sitting around to blow on a car, though it's very likely the cleanest, best kept, and lowest milage 1st gen LH cars around let alone the 1st gen Concorde. I love this car so much and hope someone bought it who won't drive it. It deserves to be kept nice.

·
Registered
68 Posts

Looks like its about twice that price now.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Chrysler should buy it and store it in a museum. Maybe some exec will get inspired (wishful thinking, I know) and they'll go back to cab-forward styling and reinvest in the Dodge and Chrysler brands.

I doubt that Concorde would last a month as a daily driver without some mechanical breakdown. Every rubber bushing and seal would need replacing given its age.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Ha! Good work. My father said never to trust a used car dealer. The listed VINs are identical. Here's the orignal ad from the article:

Looks like the elderly woman really didn't die in Massachusetts at age 95, but decided to keep the car, and drove only 8 miles last year from Massachusetts to Florida, where she sadly passed on.

Since it isn't a desirable classic car, turning the mechanical odometer back to resell it seems unlikely, and no one in their right mind would pay $23K. For that you can buy a legit low-mileage recent V6 Accord or Camry. And it isn't going to attract people to the lot, just to see a pristine 1994 LH sedan. So I say it is could be an Internet inside car ad joke - like the comic Sam Hyde allegedly showing up everywhere in current news events. Someone with an account should run a CarFax on that VIN. Probably totaled in Tuskaloosa in 1995.

In any case, I'd never buy a used car off a dealer's lot, and always need to see some service receipts in the seller's name showing recent mileage, also get the CarFax report, mechanic's check out, etc. If the elderly person "estate sale" story seems fishy at all, I'd walk away. Like, come to think of it, what 74 year old lady in 1994 would spend the extra money to buy a 3.5L?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts