DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
yippee ki yay
5,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have UPGRADED to a 1st Gen :whohoo:

I picked up a 97 Intrepid ES......3.5 motor...a/s.....infinity sound system......sunroof with 117k miles. Got it for $650.

The good: well it's a ES with a pretty straight body and it still runs

The bad: it's going to need some paint it the worst way and it has a possible rod knock.....I'll look into that 1st.

anyway here's the pictures..........

·
yippee ki yay
5,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not bad, going to be interesting to see what you do with it.
lol...yeah it's going to be....i was looking for a project....i think it found me. The people I bought it from were going to sell it to the boneyard next week it I didn't buy it.

·
yippee ki yay
5,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks like a good project car. I have never seen wood grain for the gauges before
yeah it's a 1st for me too

AHHH i want that spoiler hahaha!!! looks good tho!
thanks man

Nice!

That car is in good hand now!
I couldn't let it go to the boneyard like that.

Looks like you will be doing another paint job after all.

she looks to be in pretty good shape though nice find.
I think i'm go with the factory color on this one dunno.....maybe a touch of blue flake to it.

Looks good RJ! Coverign all your bases I see, haha. 3.5 with A/S. She's definitley a keeper!
lol....i was trying to get the most mods for the buck....and it worked!

·
That rhythm is INFECTIOUS.
18,595 Posts
Woo hoo! 1G FTW! :D

Hope that motor isn't knockin' for reals tho... perhaps it's something else.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
RJ
Congrats!! Now just paint it Blue. So, I can buy all the stuff I need for my car. haha

·
yippee ki yay
5,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
well it looks like a rod knock at the #5 cylinder.....I haven't dropped the pan yet to be sure I just did a quicky test removing the plug wire one at a time until I found it.

so here's whatz on my plate this month.....

1. finish color sanding the last door on pearl white trep and that's all done. Same car swap in a 300m rear swaybar and trans fluild pan drop.

2. swap in another 2.7 motor into the 99 ES......get that done hopefully by this weekend (getting extra 2.7 tranny with motor 80k miles on both)

3. get my 2 gen 3.5 short block build started.

4. start tearing into the motor on this es

1 - 20 of 39 Posts