DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I purchased a 96 Intrepid. There is a white button on the Moon Roof Console that has printed "ASC" on it with an image of a circle printed with a fading solid white image that fades to blank on the other edge. I have pressed this button and it glows red. Searched for it page by page in the owners manual, no luck. What is it and what is it for? Thanks

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
Sounds like something on an aftermarket sunroof. On your sunroof, does the rubber insualtion on the outside roof of the car rise slightly above the sheetmetal, or does the sheetmetal fold in to accomodate it?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Intrepid Sun Roof Fit Up

I checked out the sun roof fit. I agree that it is aftermarket. Looking at the newer Intrepid's the glass pushes up into a rubber frame that is part of the roof line. This is a one piece construction that has a molded on black plastic trim ring that fits neatly on the roof. If its aftermarket it was done very well. The headliner and trim out of the interior is perfect. Makes all the correct contours and has no sag. Even backpadding. The control system, map lights and buttons match the balance of the car interior.

The is a vent deflector on the top front outside of the sunroom that has AVS stamped on it.

I will try the button and see if it does anything for fog up or to see if it warms up.

Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
"ASC" Button - Answer

Thank you for the lead with the link to Ameican Sunroof Corporation. I found a number in California and called. The button controls the automatic close feature on the sunroof.

When RED, Auto Close is OFF
When WHITE during the daylight or GREEN during night , Auto Close is ON, so that when you turn off the ignition the roof automaticall closes.

Thank to all for your assistance.

Enjoy your Dodge!!!!!

·
Registered
795 Posts
I love finding out stuff about the history of your car like that. My 88 firebird had T-roofs which I thought were factory. I found out they were made/installed by a company called Custom Concepts in Florida! (and I bought the car here in Edmonton).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts