DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all. I recently purchased a 1995 Dodge Intrepid with a 3.5L engine. The car itself is in excellent condition, with one exception. When I take off, in a normal fashion, my transmission feels like it slips from first to second gear. If I leave a little faster than normal, then the transmission changes from first to second normally. Can someone please give me any helpful solutions to my problem? :auto_05:

·
Registered
964 Posts
How many miles on the car. Do you know anything about the car's history? An oil and filter change, or better yet a flush, is the only thing you can do to the tranny and is the first thing I do to any used car that I buy along with plugs, wires, belts and hoses and coolant. A brake inspection is also a good thing to do.

You can have the TCM scanned at the dealer for a fee. Will tell you if any fault codes are stored in the TCM along with the CVI's which are good to know because they indicate the amount of clutch wear. Just my $0.02.

FredB

·
Registered
130 Posts
camlew64 said:
Hello to all. I recently purchased a 1995 Dodge Intrepid with a 3.5L engine. The car itself is in excellent condition, with one exception. When I take off, in a normal fashion, my transmission feels like it slips from first to second gear. If I leave a little faster than normal, then the transmission changes from first to second normally. Can someone please give me any helpful solutions to my problem? :auto_05:

First things frist,check trans fliud Level,smell it to se if it smells burnt.If trans is actually flaring up between gears at lowert rpm or throtlle ,it may have a leaking piston seal.Best thing to do is take in to the dealer have it checked

1 - 3 of 3 Posts