DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it was about 2 am and I was going to the pizza joint to pick up a few pizzas and there was a gay riced out non-vtec prelude that riced by. I followed him around a little and flashed my brights at him to get him to race. he started laughing at me and my bone stock 93 Lebaron LE 3.0L. Thats fine. We took off and he stayed with me until about 45 then I pulled about a car length ahead. I was still pulling away at 85 but I shut it down and let him rice off. Later I found out that his piece of **** had intake and exhaust done. Also he had the advantage of a 5 speed. I just thought that its kinda funny that my car tooled his.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
that sounds like a pretty shitty honda. show him what mopar thunder is all about.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Good for you, typical idiot rice boy. Probably an Si Prelude at best which pushes 160hp. More than likely an S base model. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
415 Posts
Good for you, typical idiot rice boy. Probably an Si Prelude at best which pushes 160hp. More than likely an S base model. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
562 Posts
The 3.0 is a really peppy engine :) I had one in a s92 sundance duster.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wish there was some stuff that I could do to it to make it faster. Have any ideas?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I looked around and found out that it would cost around 1100 bucks for a turbo kit. thats a lot

·
Banned
3,574 Posts
$1,100 for a kit? Does that include the turbo, plumbing and hardware? If so, that is not a lot, most turbo kits go for at least 3 times that amount.

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Originally posted by Foxcow:
I looked around and found out that it would cost around 1100 bucks for a turbo kit. thats a lot
If that includes everything I would get it man. It's well worth it for the HP increase you will see.

·
Registered
27 Posts
not really...the kit probably doesnt include everything...the 3.0 is a great engine, used in alot of mopars throughout the ages. the thing is a torque monster. those scoot real good with a 5 speed. so you can take advantage of the power band.

i would reccomend that you look at a 5 speed conversion. and i would also look at freeing up the intake system by making an intake. then port match your throttle body to your intake manifold. after that i would look for some headers and some 2.75 inch exhaust piping with a nice free flow muffler.

the reason being that if you buy the turbo kit. that is fine. but there are alot of other things that need to be done. not many people think about these things. internals? how about upgrading the fuel system?

do what you want..its not my car. but remember my advice, i tend to be right sometimes.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts