DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
is it possible to replaces the bulbs in an atc head?
I presume you know it's the bulbs rather than the soldering issue? If it's not displaying at all, you probably have the soldering problem experienced by many of us. My '99 Intrepid never has had the problem, but my 2004 300M needed to be repaired. A forum search should help you if you think the ATC display is not working because of solder failure. Good luck!

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the replies, i think its a light, the middle two rockers went out. i would assume that there are 3 lights for the six rocker switches.

·
That rhythm is INFECTIOUS.
18,595 Posts
Yeah - I think one of those "PC194" bulbs. Can't say I've ever seen one at a store. I likely have at least a couple of spares in my parts bin. Ping me if you can't source one locally... can mail ya one.

Salvage yard is a great source. :D

·
Premium Member
17,349 Posts
Yes they are replaceable best way is to go get one from a junkyard its pretty easy to change them to
That's the best advice. I hear the bulbs are hard to find and expensive new, so by buying a junk yard head unit, for little money, you get a spare unit (can come in handy of the solder joints go out on yours - and they can be repaired), and you likely will have all the bulbs you will ever need.

·
Registered
706 Posts
go to radio shack- in the flashlight bulbs drawer they have 12v 60ma bulbs with long leads for about $2.00

item number 272-1092

they are the perfect brightness. You just have to unthread the old bulb and rethread the new one and cut the excess. I use these on the refurb atc's i sell on ebay.

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2103780

Reactions: MrBigE

·
Premium Member
17,349 Posts
That there is some good information!

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
go to radio shack- in the flashlight bulbs drawer they have 12v 60ma bulbs with long leads for about $2.00

item number 272-1092

they are the perfect brightness. You just have to unthread the old bulb and rethread the new one and cut the excess. I use these on the refurb atc's i sell on ebay.

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2103780
very good info, thanks for your work on finding them. may as well replace all of them while im in there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts