DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Driving home yesterday, my A/C blew much colder for a few seconds and then the control unit went blank and hte blower motor was stuck on with the air damper open to hot. My ABS light also came on.
I replaced the fuse and it blew as soon as I turned the key. I am assuming a short to ground somewhere. I have a Chilton's manual that is great for mechanicals, but the wiring diagram sucks - it doesn't have anything on the Heating - A/C stuff.
Any ideas on where to get a good diagram?

Phil

·
Registered
229 Posts
there's a 2002 FSM floating around this site somewhere. it's large and takes a while to download unless you have broadband, but it's great! i think it would have what you're looking for.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wire destination

Modified question.
Hope someone has an FSM and can tell me where this wire goes.
I am blowing Fuse number 6 which is supposed to feed Climate Control, Rear window defrost, back-up lights, ABS, & Daytime Running Lights. I pulled the connector out of the back of the Fuse block and checked for continuity from the wires to ground (ignition off). I found continuity on a red/white wire. Can anyone tell me if this wire feeds one of the items listed above? I already ruled out the temp control and rear window by 'hot wiring' them.

HELP!!!

Phil

·
Registered
340 Posts
can you run a wire to each of those components (jack in at the connector or something) and test for contiunuity with your multimeter?

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Quick check--- cigarette lighter is in that circuit- they go bad--decklid release switch...
I'll get backw/you tomorrow.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts