DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just tested for errors with in the ac and it coded 36 atc control communication failure anyone have an idea what that means considering that its working? turns on blows air a/c works etc

code 36 is the error

·
Banned
2,254 Posts
nothing noticalbe is wrong with the system besides the code right?

if so, i'd say it's indicitive of the ATC head going bad. That used to happen in my 1G concorde's ATC. Scanning it would show a code 36, but it worked fine, for like 6 more months. ;)

Either that, or it could be a loss of communciation between the ATC head and the BCM. The only data the ATC needs from the BCM is the outside temp. and the sunload sensor reading.

My first guess would be the head unit failing though. Loss of communcation from the BCM would likely be noticeable in some other system as well.

·
Registered
37 Posts
ATC Code 36

It is possible for several units to display a code 36 if the unit came from the junk yard.

I found a guy on ebay that sell them repaired and tested, charges ~$60 for the unit. He sends it to you then you ship your old ATC head back to him.

I think if you search this site or ebay you may find it. I do not have the link handy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.