DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So........my ATC wasn't showing a display yesterday, but the fan was on, and when I hit off, the fan stopped.

.....I'm thinking the bulb is burnt out, how do I replace it? Is it easy?

I know how to remove the unit......just wondering how hard bulb replacement would be after I have the unit out?

·
Registered
172 Posts
I don't know how to fix it, but same thing has been happening to mine. If I tap the display it comes back.

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
There are no bulbs for the display Rob, it is all self-illuminating depending on The item selected. If the plug is in tight and the connections are clean, you may need a "new" unit.

·
Banned
2,254 Posts
What your describing is pretty well known to the 1G guys as a bad ATC head.

As TFC said, I would check the plugs on the back of the head... If you can get it to light back up run the diagnostic on it...

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Torontofirecaptain said:
There are no bulbs for the display Rob, it is all self-illuminating depending on The item selected. If the plug is in tight and the connections are clean, you may need a "new" unit.
TFC is right no bulb for the display. im headed over to TFC to pick up an ATC unit myself from him for a mod im working on. come by.

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
LHSDriver01 said:
As TFC said, I would check the plugs on the back of the head... If you can get it to light back up run the diagnostic on it...
Alright, gonna check the plugs.

Diagnostic???

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow, that's strange ****!

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The display started working on its own again today???

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
Avenger said:
The display started working on its own again today???
You must have a loose connection somewhere. Did you try checking the plug on the back of the head yet? Maybe now while it is working again you should check for codes that may have been logged when it went out.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Mine does that once in a while. I just tap it a few times and she comes back on.
Weird :dunno:

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
My 98's started getting moody like that, so i changed it out for an '03 face. Forgot to take the ****er out before I traded it in. I want an '04 face for my Special dammit.

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
LOUD98ES said:
My 98's started getting moody like that, so i changed it out for an '03 face. Forgot to take the ****er out before I traded it in. I want an '04 face for my Special dammit.
Is there a difference between the years?

·
Banned
2,254 Posts
00r/t.mopar.muscle said:
Is there a difference between the years?
Only difference i know of is the rear defrost indictator. Early models had an amber light to the right of the defrost button. Late models had an icon in the ATC display itself.

Dunno about any other differences...

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
LHSDriver01 said:
Only difference i know of is the rear defrost indictator. Early models had an amber light to the right of the defrost button. Late models had an icon in the ATC display itself.

Dunno about any other differences...
this and also they took out the wording MANUAL off the display too.

·
Premium Member
16,870 Posts
I picked up a '98 Concorde last week with the intermittent ATC display problem (would come on and off by tapping or pressing on the display - sometimes that didn't work, sometimes it would). I figured it had to be a bad solder connection inside the unit. Sure enough, found a surface mount resistor that had come loose from the pc board. Resoldered, and it is now solid as a rock.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts