DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a 94 Intrepid ES with an ATC, the one with the display and all the fun buttons and knobs. The A/C and the heat work fine, but it won't blow unless I turn the blower control knob all the way to the highest setting.

I thought it was one of those resistors that would cost like 10 bucks to replace, but I read that it dosen't apply to my model. Can anybody help with this.

Also, a sub-question. The left side of my ATC unit dosen't light up when I turn on my lights, how easy is it to replace the light inside and how would I go about doing it.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
The blower utilizes a 14 (I think) step module for fan speeds. The lamps are easy to replace. You have to remove the unit from the car. Undo 5 screws, seperate the power supply from the microboard. The lamps are in carriers that will come out if you turn them 1/4 turn ccw. I believe that the bulbs are available at Autozone.

·
Registered
646 Posts
before you take **** apart make sure your little dome light control wheel thingy on your dash is turned all the way up (without turning on the interior lights). Yeah its obvious, but hey sometimes people miss the obvious stuff because they are looking for bigger problems. Also try referring to the how-to on the site here to run an ATC diagnostic check.

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
The resistor you were talking about is only for the MTC. Like Paul said, the ATC has a blower control module instead. Its a similar unit and mounted in the same spot the resistor would be. I don't know exactly where the module is in the 1st gen, but you might have to remove your dash to get to it.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Make sure your wireing is in tight as well. I've had several cars (work for a car audio shop) with the wireing for the radio and the climate systems were either tied together or somehow fused in completely random ways. I know with my trep, when I upgraded the radio and drove around without the pannel around the ATC, the system would randomly turn on on High, without anything displaying on the moniter, and then turn off again. After testing, I verified that it would only work under user controal when I had both temp and motor speed on high. If I took the radio unit out, only the heat worked.

This tends to happen on ricers more often than not though. I've had the door locks on an accord unlock every time you turned on the CD player.. If you don't have the service history of the car, make sure someone didn't rig the wireing for some fancy toy or to keep from paying for a new harness.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.