DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently been having problems with my heat and A/C. It is a 99 Concorde LXi 3.2L. It seems to come and go. Sometimes the heat works, and other times it doesn't. Like tonight, heat no worky, yesterday, works like a charm, and the day before that, no heat again. My A/C did this in the summer on and off too. An ideas? I was thinking thermostat, but maybe more than that? Also, it doesn't matter where I have the temp. set to, it blows one kind of air and that is it, medium warm air. It's winter and I want to be warm! Please help! Thanks!
BRAD

·
Registered
376 Posts
Check to see if blower motor is working properly...if not the sliders are moving side to side switching areasducts. Possible the thermo...but hope for a simple solution...
STBEAR007

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well yesterday I played around with it some more, and it seems that the car cannot stay at one temperature, the needle is constantly moving, so I thinking thermostat, I think I will replace that toady and see what happens.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
At a minimum change the thermostat.
For good measure flush and fill the cooling sytem with distilled water and 6L of antifreeze.
You will not have hot air if you don't have hot water.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
thermostat. then go and flush your collant system. before flushign the coolant system flush the header core. theres a thread around here somewere stating you can just put your hose straight to one side of the core and turn it on it will clean it out. then add your new collant. while your at it change your oil winter is comming up. so you wont have to do it then.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts