DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it is done. WOW. It took me a while and alot of swearing and a generous helping hand from my dad (who kept telling the whole time, are you sure you want to do this). Basically I took the seats and console out Thursday night. I took out the steering wheel and dash on saturday night, and sunday morning switch out dash harnesses and put back in on sunday after noon. The ATC works great, no complaints other than the radio antenna. Where it connects in the lower right kick panel, the intrepid had a female end on the dash harness and the 300M harness has a male end on it. So now I have two male ends having a sword fight and don't know where to go. Does anyone know of an adaptor that will connect male to male on the antenna wire. I hate to cut one off and attach a new end to one, incase I want to switch back sometime. (I would have to be stupid to want to go through all of that again) I have thought about making an adaptor but the length might get to me, not much room in there for much else. So anyway, any of you guys done this before and ran into this, what have you done.

Big thanks to all those who gave me guidance on this past adventure, it was alot of fun, and good bonding time with the family.

thanks

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had trouble with my great big ass hands not wanting to fit into little spaces to hook and unhook things. like the blower control module, that is a tight area. I need to thank Craftsman for the flex extension for that one. But I love it. makes the dash look alot cleaner, and I set the temp on 69 degrees and leave it there.

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
I'm actually going through the same thing as you right now. I'm just about done with my swap except for putting my alarm and some trim pieces back in. So far, all I've found is female to female extensions but I'm afraid the wire will be too long to fit in the kick panel. I'm probably just going to go to radioshack and get a solderless female motorola jack and put it on one of the wires. Thats so funny what you said about your dad. My dad went from "are you sure you want to do this" to "wow, thats going to be a pain" to what the hell is the matter with you-just leave stuff alone" to "damn, thats nice!!" when I was done!!

·
Registered
734 Posts
kcarlos2000 said:
Welcome to the ATC Conversion family! The conversion has been my favorite and my proudest mod yet.
hey carlos, i am considering this mod, i am curious why the seats need to come off

·
Woober Goobers!
51,840 Posts
It's good to hear about a few more successful ATC upgrades. Wait a sec..Shamrock is that the kit I sold you last year? As far as an adaptor that's female-female for the antenna...check out this link and go halfway down the page to UV-41. Antenna adaptors Looks like it's $7.95

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Yes Ronbo, that is the harness that you sent to me. finally got it put in. I will take a look at that antenna adaptor. thanks

editted

I think that is the exact adaptor that I need. good find on that Ronbo.

editted again

Just purchased that adaptor. Guess I will have to listen to CD until it gets in.

Can a person get some rep for the ATC install. thanks a bunch.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Code2medic said:
Man seeing this upsets me since i cant find a DAM harness and mocule anywhere errrrr congrats on the conversion
hey medic, i got another unit like the one i sold you, i think i'll try it this time.... install the whole thing might have found a crashed concorde

·
Woober Goobers!
51,840 Posts
Be carefull on the year harness you're getting versus the year car you have. There was a big difference in a 1999 harness going into a 2000 car for the airbag module as 00 r/t.mopar.muscle and I found out. If you can find a matching model year harness for your car that's the best bet. Being off by even one year can make a huge difference.

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
Ronbo said:
Be carefull on the year harness you're getting versus the year car you have. There was a big difference in a 1999 harness going into a 2000 car for the airbag module as 00 r/t.mopar.muscle and I found out. If you can find a matching model year harness for your car that's the best bet. Being off by even one year can make a huge difference.
Very true, fortunately Ronbo was there to help me out. I didn't know about the airbag plug pins being different until everything was connected and my airbag light was on. Because the harness was already in it was harder to move the pins around but I still did it. It should be pretty easy if you do it before putting the dash back in. All the colors were the same they were just in different spots on the connector. Other than the airbag and antenna plug issues, I confirmed that a 99 LHS harness is fully compatible with a 00 R/T. The weather hasn't been too hot or too cool here recently so I haven't really had a chance to test it out completely but I can't wait. I'm going to be creating a thread soon that hopefully will address any questions and concerns about the ATC conversion.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Well If anyone can get there hands on a harness and a power module form a 02 intrepid and bring it with them to international that would be great. I know firecap is gonna be lurching week this week he said. so if you have on or know of aynone with it please shoot me a pm and a price on the two items

·
Woober Goobers!
51,840 Posts
Maybe post your wants in the B/S/T thread and maybe get a response. Otherwise...I'd start hitting up the yards on my own. Can't expect someone to have these things laying around waiting for you.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Rondo,

They have been posted in B/s/t without success and yes i hit the limited amount of yards i have in my area. I also dont expect anyone to have anything laying around for me tho you never know what some one might have access to.

·
Woober Goobers!
51,840 Posts
Cobe.....then I guess you need to look for a parting out of a 2002 300m/Concorde/Intrepid(ES/RT). Otherwise you probably only need to add about 25 wires and move around a few more. Sometimes it's being in the right place at the right time.

·
Registered
227 Posts
PM Torontofirecaptain, see if he can get you one-seems like he has a connection on everything. I bought a complete"kit" from him it worked excellent. Only issue was it was an'02 harness into an '01 car so there was a different conn on the pass airbag-easy fix.....

Best Mod ever

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.