DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here have experience with the "ATI Radeon 7500"? I might purchase one this weekend for $200 (CND). Just wanna hear some comments from you ppl :D

btw, currently I'm using a TNT2 M64 (oem though)

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
I have an All in Wonder Radeon in my wifes computer. not the new 7500/8500's. It kicks ass, no install issues I can think of.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
my roommate has a radeon, it has crappy drivers for windows 2000 if that's what you're using. the 7500 and 8500 are supposed to be good cards, you'll definately see an increase in performance. up until 2 days ago i had a tnt2 in my machine too but the fan stopped and the chip melted while i was in the dodgeintrepid.net chat...so i ordered a geforce3 ti200....hate to tell you but all the tests and reviews i read the geforce3 annihlates the radeon 7500/8500. they're not that much more expensive either, i paid $175 american plus shipping. the 7500 is a fine card though.

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
Originally posted by 97 sport platinum:
up until 2 days ago i had a tnt2 in my machine too but the fan stopped and the chip melted while i was in the dodgeintrepid.net chat
Really? That's weird because I purposely disconnected the fan from my TNT2 Ultra (it was making an annoying noise) and it's still running strong. It's been like that for many months now. When it does go, it'll just give me an excuse to by a new video card. :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I'm using WinME rightnow, it crashes every 2hr or so :mad: . I will be going back to win2000 though...once i get a bigger HD to fit all my mp3s.

But is it worthwhile for $199 CND? Coz I don't really need top of the line.

here's a review of 7500/8500 & comparison with the Geforce3TI
http://www.hothardware.com/hh_files/S&V/ati8500&7500.htm

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
warlord, that's WHY my fan stopped working. this method was functional for about 16 months. i guess all the heat that my athlon generates finally caught up to the sucker. considering i bought the card for like 50 bucks on ebay i think an 18 month life for such a crappy card to begin with is pretty good. as i have been told by some computer geeks, it was time for an upgrade.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
forgot to mention visiting this URL

anandtech ge3 ti200 review

for those of you who want the nitty gritty, and i quote: "The GeForce3 Ti 200 is by far the best buy and is clearly a better value than the Radeon 7500 (remember that they are priced equally). "

this is kind of like the ford/chevy debate, only less expensive.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts