DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i wanna get everyone's opinion on audiobahn cuz im thinking about doing a system in my car. and pretty damn good prices from sonic. i just need some feedback on the brand.

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Mediocre brand......you get what you pay for.

·
Registered
6,362 Posts
They look nice and don't sound terrible. If you're looking for competition subwoofers, don't waste your time. If you want a little boom for not a lot of price, their subs are a good choice.

I have 4 AW121Ts in the trunk of my Intrepid and 2 a8000t amps. I keep the gains down, they look good, and the sound is sufficient.

·
Registered
207 Posts
i would never buy car audio off of ebay.... I have only 1 12" JL Audio W3 in my trunk with only 280 watts RMS going to it, and i out thump a lot of smaller cars that have 2 12" subs....... I will never buy another brand than JL Audio.... I deff. got what i paid for!

-Jake-

·
Registered
6,362 Posts
and like I said, if you're trying to "out-thump" people, audiobahn probably isnt your best choice.

·
Registered
280 Posts
There is nothing wrong with buying stuff on ebay as long as you buy from a person with good feedback that has sold 1000's of items... No different than buying from any other internet retailer.

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
I would agree on audiobahn subs & speakers, and all their cheaper amps. However, if you get Audiobahn's expensive amps, they're actually very good. My amp was around $800 when I bought it, and it is the best amp I've ever owned; much better than the kicker I had and the rockford it replaced. You definitely do get what you pay for though. I would stay away from those cheap Audiobahns with the neon lights and stuff. Those are marketed towards people who have no audio knowledge and just want something that looks cool. Any audio enthusiast would put the specs of the amp first and not be concerned with looks so if the amp is really flashy theres a good chance the audio performance is lacking and the company is using a marketing strategy.

·
Registered
120 Posts
i used to have an audiobahn AW1208Q in a 1.25 cu ft sealed box in an ex cab ford ranger and even tho it wasn't supposed to be in a sealed box under no curcumstances...it bumped hard a hell. so from just having that one woofer my opinion on audiobahn is very good. i just wish i could have heard that sub in a ported enclosure

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
so ive already decided against audiobahn after talkin to friends who have tried and not liked em and im kinda leaning towards polk 5.25 components, 6x9's, and 2 12's. all from the MOMO series. and 2 alpine amps. itd be great to hear what u guys think. i know polk has excellent home and computer speakers but im anxious to hear what the car **** sounds like.

·
Registered
280 Posts
rjpantaleo said:
so ive already decided against audiobahn after talkin to friends who have tried and not liked em and im kinda leaning towards polk 5.25 components, 6x9's, and 2 12's. all from the MOMO series. and 2 alpine amps. itd be great to hear what u guys think. i know polk has excellent home and computer speakers but im anxious to hear what the car **** sounds like.
Thats a much better choice than audiobahn. You should be happy with that..

·
Registered
662 Posts
I have audiobahn subs and they're alright. they are 2 300w 10s, and they do what you would expect. my subwoofer of choice audiobahn wise would be the eternal series. brand wise, jbl. My friend has a jbl system in his integra and it is simply amazing, makes my ears ring and it hits so perfectly.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts