DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It has come time to change vehicles. Giving up the old trep is hard but replacing it with an '04 300m isn't bad. The 300m seems to have the Special package but yet not a Special. Here's pics of it at the car lot.

After all is done, it'll cost $13k. The really nice part is it's not my money :biggrin:. I'll be picking it up this Tuesday and I have that day off so I'm gonna be out toolin around in it.

I still haven't decided if I'm gonna sell the trep out right or part it. I figure if I can get enough parts to sell totaling $1,500 I'll part it out.

Looks like I'll have to work on a new sig page and image to go along with this change.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Base model but with the 300m Special stuff. I was told the previous owner had all the extras added on and it all seems like the stuff that was for the Special excluding the duel exhaust and gps. I'm gonna have the dealer print me out a specification report for the car and see what all is on it.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
nice clean car, but if the dealer said there was 300m special stuff, he was probably lying. I don't see anything in it. Plus I think the special has projector lights right?

·
Registered
7,448 Posts
that's the standard 300M exhaust, and where's the nav? I think he's pulling your leg my friend. I'd be getting him to knock down the price a bit. Maybe he'll get you an 02 special pcm brand new

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Base model but with the 300m Special stuff. I was told the previous owner had all the extras added on and it all seems like the stuff that was for the Special excluding the duel exhaust and gps. I'm gonna have the dealer print me out a specification report for the car and see what all is on it.
Read the bold red words.

When he said it had all the add-ons I wasn't sure what he meant, still don't. But as far as I know it's a normal 300m.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
It's a regular 300M with the "premium" package...still a very nice looking car though!
yeah I think the only difference is the wood steering wheel, two toned dash and evic.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
About $3,500 worth of body work. All 4 doors need replaced. Both pass and driver side rocker panels need replaced. Bout 15 rust spots to patch.

Need to replace or repair the headliner. A/C pump needs replaced. Front axles need replaced.

I'd do all this but my mom said she'd buy me a new car with the inheritance she got from my dad passing away. So I did the math, I pay for all the repairs or she buys me a new car outright, I went with gettin a new car :biggrin:

·
Registered
7,448 Posts
About $3,500 worth of body work. All 4 doors need replaced. Both pass and driver side rocker panels need replaced. Bout 15 rust spots to patch.

Need to replace or repair the headliner. A/C pump needs replaced. Front axles need replaced.

I'd do all this but my mom said she'd buy me a new car with the inheritance she got from my dad passing away. So I did the math, I pay for all the repairs or she buys me a new car outright, I went with gettin a new car :biggrin:
Good choice. That is a sweet looking M, hope to see it at Carlisle next year.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
definantly will be there. Already started planning the mods.

Wing, blue LED conversion, key lock light, Black Diamond headlights. True duel exhaust, I'm having the shop do it right this time around :biggthump

·
Registered
431 Posts
nice car!! i was looking at a 300 myself in the past, but if you had 13k to throw around, why not an SRT??? im sad now

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
nice car!! i was looking at a 300 myself in the past, but if you had 13k to throw around, why not an SRT??? im sad now
dude, seriously. Going into every thread and marketing your car isn't the best way to sell it. Have you tried craigslist, kijiji, or even eBay? An srt-4 neon will never be a replacement for a trep or 300 simply because of the fact that when you take the srt part out, it's still a neon.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
yea, I'm 35 not 15. Any Neon is a kids car that mommy and daddy got them. And any performance added was bought by mommy and daddy.

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
yea, I'm 35 not 15. Any Neon is a kids car that mommy and daddy got them. And any performance added was bought by mommy and daddy.
While generally true, i wouldn't say every SRT-4 driver fits this profile. There are some built by older people who work their asses off to make those cars perform well beyond what was originally possible. Would be like saying the 300M is only driven by retirees in their 80's w/ grey hair @ 40mph in the passing lane. Doesn't sound like you does it?

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That's what they also said bout the most of the 4 door Hot Rods from the fifties and sixties that were mom and pop cars :biggrin:

·
Registered
484 Posts
And look who bought your car............xD point made.

I've paid for all my vehicles. My next one is the big one where I take the loan out for it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts