DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
I wonder what the CFM rating on this is. It could potentially be somewhat effective.

I know that on high end cars like Mercedes, they do have a air recirculating feature that keeps the air flowing in the car to keep it from heating up too much when the car is off.

I guess if it's powerful enough, it'd be just as effective as keeping your car windows cracked to let heat out when parked, but without actually having to leave a gap for people to throw crap into your car or worse.

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
LOL, where is the cool air coming from , the outside hot air ???? The sun will still heat up the dash seats and everything else the same unless you use a sunscreen. Plus somebody could break into your car so much easier with an open window....

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Absolutely ridiculous. Just leave the sunroof open or crack a window as stated above.

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
107 degrees vs 75 degrees? Yeah RIGHT!!!

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
i bought something similar. piece of junk waste of money dont bother. i had to send it back. when it goes on the window your window wont close all the way. there is a gap for water or whatever to leak into the car. when u roll the window up sometimes u have to go slow or it can crack the plastic that houses the spinning motor. I rolled mine up and ended up cracking the housing and fan stopped moving. I paid $40 for mine and gave it back. yes i did get back my money. this one is 15 bucks. probably even crappier. The unit would spin on a motor connected to a solar panel. Huge waste. dont bother with getting anything like that for the car. i would just use those aluminum pads that go in the front window to block out the sun that are held on with suction cups. I need to get a few and go around the inside of the car. that should keep most of the heat out.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't get how they get people to think this works. It's for one window, there are 4 side windows, a front windshield and a back one. heat is going to happen from all of these. They say one of these on one window will eliminate heat. It seems almost impossible, especially because how small the sun sensor is.

·
Registered
891 Posts
I saw this on TV too, but there’s no way that it could move enough air to cool the interior. I mean even if it’s moving a noticeable amount of air, the place (other then the partially open window) that the air will be pulled through is the climate control ducting, which pulls right in front of the windshield through a black grill that’s right in direct sun. So I really doubt there would be any difference in temperature in the car at all. if you want to get into a cooler car after it’s been sitting in the sun, you should do what I did and get a remote car starter that can roll down the windows by one inch increments from ¼ mile away. Granted it cost me over 65 times more then the autocool, but it’s worth it.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
I had one.....the sunlight had to be directly hitting the solar panel for it make enough juice to start the fan spinning. And then it was feeble at best. Total piece of junk. Probably the most effective means of keeping your car cool in the sun would be to put a car cover over it while you're at work if you feel like going through all that.

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
But......

It's got a cup holder caddy as a bonus!

oh god, where the heck did I put that credit card?!?

Gotta get one before they're all gone!!!!!!!!!!!

there's one born every minute. :twak:

Cheers

BJ

1 - 11 of 11 Posts