DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put in a headlight switch out of a 300m and the auto feature is not working is there something else I need the car has the auto climate control or it has the sun sensor!

·
Woober Goobers!
49,877 Posts
Put the headlight switch in Auto mode and cover the sun sen sensor on the top of the dash with your hand for several seconds and see if the headlights come on. You also need to have the engine running to have that feature work.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,877 Posts
If you have an EVIC that's programmed there. Otherwise I think it might be something like 60 seconds.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,877 Posts
This is an EVIC. No Intrepids came with one so if you don't know what it is and haven't installed one then you have an OTIS which doesn't have those programming functions. That's assuming you don't have the Map Lights only up there.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,877 Posts
Do some research and use the search function.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Is there any difference from the concord to the 300m? I can't seem to find much? I did find one trend that said the headlight delay didn't work because that was done throw the BCM on the treps is that true?

·
Premium Member
16,634 Posts
Is there any difference from the concord to the 300m? I can't seem to find much? I did find one trend that said the headlight delay didn't work because that was done throw the BCM on the treps is that true?
If I understand your question, both my Concordes have headlight turn off delay if left on when you turn the ignition off. I would think that is a common feature of all our 2nd gen. LH cars (1st gen. too?).

·
Woober Goobers!
49,877 Posts
Should be able to find an EVIC in a 2001-2004 300m.

However you have a 2000 car. The EVIC wasn't introduced until 2001. Your BCM or any other 2000 or earlier LH won't have the programming to run many of the features of the EVIC anyway.I believe the Auto Headlight Delay was one of the features not programmable in earlier cars.

Do you have an OTIS on the roof of your car now?

·
Registered
14,855 Posts
I too have a 2000 ES with the EVIC and cannot change the headlight turn off delay for the lights.

The menu shows 30, 60, or 90 seconds, due to the wiring, the headlight turn off delay cannot be changed unless a DBRIII is connected to it.

Ronbo has it correct.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,877 Posts
Just sayin'....LOL!

·
Woober Goobers!
49,877 Posts
Yes with the homelink
You can swap an EVIC in there but you won't gain much. You'll go from a "Segmented" display on the OTIS to the "Pixellated" display of the EVIC.

There are only a few functions that you'll gain from the EVIC over the OTIS. One is the Service Maintenance counter setting where you would select what mileage that it warns you when Service is due...ie oil changes. However you won't get a warning chime like you would on cars equipped with it normally.

There are also EVICs out there with the Tire Pressure Sensor function. If you install one of them you'll get constant warnings about Tire Pressure that you can't delete.

If I were you....I'd deal with whatever the current delay is for the Auto Headlights and call it a day.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,877 Posts
I probably have at least one or two Non-TPSI EVICs sitting in storage.

How much cash do you have? LOL!

·
Woober Goobers!
49,877 Posts
Do some research and look it up. I gave you the basics on the swap and the programming. What more do you want?

If you're looking to change the Auto Headlight Delay and expect an EVIC swap to take care of it...it's not going to happen because you have a 2000 car.

Guess it's all about how "Pretty" you think the EVIC display will be vs what you pay for it.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts