DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read a bunch of posts about this and I still have a couple of questions I need cleared up. I don't have an Alarm LED/Sun-sensor but I have this little spot circled in yellow :


Is this what I can use to install a sun-sensor? Just pull that little cover off and there should be wires beneath it that I can hook up to a sun-sensor? Than once I have the sensor hooked up, just install the auto headlight switch?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,536 Posts
The harness is probably NOT there. You'll need to get one or build one and connect it to the rest of the car at the junction box/fuse panel to the left of the dashboard.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
72 Posts
Stop looking for auto headlight harness and start looking for your wheelcovers! Damn, I think someone done stole 'em!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,917 Posts
Masked Marauder said:
Stop looking for auto headlight harness and start looking for your wheelcovers! Damn, I think someone done stole 'em!!!
Dude I see a BAN in your future if you keep up the smart-ass comments. We don't appreciate ppl like you coming here and make everybody feel uncomfortable, especially if your only input to this site is this kind of negative stupid comments. Enough is enough !!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,188 Posts
TERMINATOR101CA said:
Dude I see a BAN in your future if you keep up the smart-ass comments. We don't appreciate ppl like you coming here and make everybody feel uncomfortable, especially if your only input to this site is this kind of negative stupid comments. Enough is enough !!
Seriously, its bad enough to be an asshole in meaningless posts, but when someone has a legit question there is nothing worse than having to read through a bunch of stupid responses to try and get an answer.

Anyway, on to the question. You will have to cut that piece out of your ip cover and that is where the sun sensor will mount. If you don't want to run wires, see if you have them there already by removing your a-pillar covers and popping up the cover. Once the sensor is installed it is just a matter of modding your stock switch or getting a 300m one.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That wheel cover burn was pretty funny. I'm actually waiting until I get the money so I can get a set of rims. So tell your mom to pay me that :crowd: money she owes me.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
72 Posts
What'd I do? What's I do???
His wheel covers got stolen! Look for yourself!!
Jeeez, I was just tryin to help!!
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
72 Posts
Strizay- I asked my mom for your money but she said you were so bad she stole your wheelcovers in retaliation
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's funny man. I can take a joke. But you shouldn't be so rough on the other guys. Not everyone appreciates sarcasm. If you have something positive to imput you will always have an audience. If you're being a dick to everyone you won't even get a response sooner or later.

Anyway, Thanks guys for the fast response. I'm really into this mod now. This is like the otis install in a way, I think. Build my own harness, hide the wires behind the a-pillar then run them into the fuse box. I've seen guys on here doing this mod in 30-45 minutes with the sensor in place. Modding the switch shouldn't be a problem. I just need to get the sensor in my hands to see what I am working with.

Man, I love this site,
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
72 Posts
Strizay said:
That's funny man. I can take a joke.
That's good, so can I as you see. Too bad others can't.
Strizay said:
But you shouldn't be so rough on the other guys. Not everyone appreciates sarcasm.
Nor is everyone intelligent enough to get it.
Strizay said:
If you have something positive to imput you will always have an audience.
True that- If I posted a bunch of stories of dodge intrepid "kills" over ford tauruses and plymouth breezes here I'm sure it would indeed get an audience just as if I were to go on a serial killer website and share a bunch of "kill" stories. Going with the flow does indeed satisfy the membership.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,985 Posts
Masked Marauder said:
That's good, so can I as you see. Too bad others can't.

Nor is everyone intelligent enough to get it.

True that- If I posted a bunch of stories of dodge intrepid "kills" over ford tauruses and plymouth breezes here I'm sure it would indeed get an audience just as if I were to go on a serial killer website and share a bunch of "kill" stories. Going with the flow does indeed satisfy the membership.
why did you Join this site? you have absolutly no positive input, why are you wasting your time and ours being here? just leave man, no need for the stupid coments that are just wasting our time...and your sig shows that you obviously have no respect for these cars, so why the hell would you even bother to sign up?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
When I pull the cover off I should be looking for a 4 pin connector if it's there right? Then I could just plug in the sensor, mod the headlight switch and be done. If not, I will have to run at least one wire from the sensor down into the BCM. I could run pin2 up to my otis, pin4 to the pink wire from my otis that runs down the pillar, and pin 1 down to the BCM. The only wire I believe I will have a problem finding a connect for is pin3 since I have no alarm.

Could someone color code these wires please?
Pin1 Sun Sensor Signal
Pin2 Sun Sensor Ground
Pin3 VTSS Indicator Driver
Pin4 Fused B+

When I installed my otis, I just slid the wires into the cavities and that was it. I didn't use any kind of connector and everything is fine.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,960 Posts
Badasstrep said:
why did you Join this site? you have absolutly no positive input, why are you wasting your time and ours being here? just leave man, no need for the stupid coments that are just wasting our time...and your sig shows that you obviously have no respect for these cars, so why the hell would you even bother to sign up?
I'm not sure if Adaptabl is worse or this clown?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
360 Posts
lets see if we can get them both together.....THe Masked Marauder vs Adaptabl....for the heavy wieght championship of DI.net... sounds to much like wrestling.......
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,188 Posts
Strizay said:
When I pull the cover off I should be looking for a 4 pin connector if it's there right? Then I could just plug in the sensor, mod the headlight switch and be done. If not, I will have to run at least one wire from the sensor down into the BCM. I could run pin2 up to my otis, pin4 to the pink wire from my otis that runs down the pillar, and pin 1 down to the BCM. The only wire I believe I will have a problem finding a connect for is pin3 since I have no alarm.

Could someone color code these wires please?
Pin1 Sun Sensor Signal
Pin2 Sun Sensor Ground
Pin3 VTSS Indicator Driver
Pin4 Fused B+

When I installed my otis, I just slid the wires into the cavities and that was it. I didn't use any kind of connector and everything is fine.
If you don't have an alarm, you should only need the Pin1 & Pin2 connections. Just make sure you buy a sensor with a piece of harness attached to make the connections easier. Nightspeed98 was selling one last week for $15 shipped. You might want to send him a PM. The two wires you'll need are both blue. There has been some confusion about whether pin 1 is on the left or right becasue it has appeared differently in different service manuals. If you take a look at the picture below I got from Unreal, the wire on the left is the sun sensor signal and the one to the right of it is the sun sensor ground. The other two wires are for the alarm led. The connections are still the same, the pin numbers on the pic just appear different because they were taken from a different service manual. Regardless of the pin numbers, the colors will always be the same andd in the same spot so go by the wire colors and not the pin lnumber and you'll be fine.

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thank you very much for your help 00r/t.mopar.muscle, I really appreciate it. So I only need to run 2 wires from the sensor and I can just shorten the other two. That pic really clears things up alot. I pulled the cover today and there was no plug, oh well. 4 is pin1 and 3 is pin2. Thanks again.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,188 Posts
Strizay said:
Thank you very much for your help 00r/t.mopar.muscle, I really appreciate it. So I only need to run 2 wires from the sensor and I can just shorten the other two. That pic really clears things up alot. I pulled the cover today and there was no plug, oh well. 4 is pin1 and 3 is pin2. Thanks again.
I had the plug in my car but I modded my sensor to use a high intensity blue led instead of a red one and I needed to know how to connect it to my aftermarket alarm as I don't have a stock one. I talked to Ronbo about it and there was some confusion about what was pin 1 and what was pin 4 because it looked different depending on the service manual year. So yeah, long story short 4 is pin 1 and 3 is pin 2!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I just pulled the headlight switch apart, the instructions were really vague. I had a couple of pieces that had wire contacts that I have no idea where they go. Anybody have any better pictures of the disassembly. I have the whole entire switch apart and am looking at 2 small pieces. One is white with 2 copper pieces on top of 2 springs, the other is black with what looks like 4 copper prongs. I didn't put them back in when I put it back together. lol.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,188 Posts
Strizay said:
I just pulled the headlight switch apart, the instructions were really vague. I had a couple of pieces that had wire contacts that I have no idea where they go. Anybody have any better pictures of the disassembly. I have the whole entire switch apart and am looking at 2 small pieces. One is white with 2 copper pieces on top of 2 springs, the other is black with what looks like 4 copper prongs. I didn't put them back in when I put it back together. lol.
I don't hav e any pics of the disassembly but if you post some pics of the parts you're talking about I can probably tell you how to put it back together.
 
1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Top