DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so the shifter goes down into the Auto stick area. Has free movment but nothing happens when I try and shift using that function..theres no indication on the dash and I dont feel it change gears.. I tried the codes and the only one I got was p1684.. battery disconnect.. which is the only code..

any ideas..

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
i have no idea what your talking about lol ive done the converstion on my se so ill help you, i think your trying to say that u have the A/S shifter in there allready and when you try to shift nuthing happends, sounds like your wires are not connected either right or not at all

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea I drop the shifter down into the bottom into auto stick mode and nothing happens... I checked the wires.. all plugged in... It doesnt shift and there is no indication on hte dash that anything is happening..
Keith
thanks

·
Registered
891 Posts
Ok, if the shifting all works fine, but when you shift it down to autostick it doesn’t up and down shift when you push the shifter from side to side I’d say it sounds like the little plug that goes into the shifter is disconnected, or the wires are wrecked somewhere down the line (assuming nothing is different for the 2g intrepid with A/S) too. Also if it’s the same with the 2g did you switch the TCM?

J

·
0 Posts
You have to actually rewire your TCM in the engine bay.. I had to cut my harness and install A/S Harness that came with the TCM.
Then, I had to run the wires into the interior and onto the A/S shifter plug in order to get it to work. Unless, your car is already A/S ready (both on TCM harness and shifter 4-wire plug..)

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
Ok, maybe I'm just slow today. I assume you have an Autostick cluster that looks like the picture below.

So, assuming that, when you put the shifter into Autostick mode, does the square indicator stay on "D", or does it move to "1"?

In case I'm not being clear on the square indicator, it is currently on "P" in the above picture.

J

·
0 Posts
Depends on tranny's present position.
If you are stopped, then yes, it will go to 1. (Cuz tranny is in 1st gear first.)
If you're on the highway, then most likely it will show the gear whatever the tranny is at the time of you dropping it into A/S. Probably 4th. But no, it won't say D. It only says D when your selector is in D.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts