DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I use to think that automatic car washes were the best time savers created. Yes that may be true, however if you want your valued vehicle to look good: hand wash it!! Those auto car washes put swirl marks on your car. And in some cases even scratch your car!! :eek: I personally wash my car twice a week. I use "Blue Coral" brand car wash. It brings out my Intrepid's natural shine. Every couple months I will wax it also. Just figured that I'd share this. BTW: Yes I know that it's a pain to drag out all of your wash buckets, etc, etc. But looking at your car after you took the time to hand wash; it'll give you the satisfaction. :D

·
Registered
583 Posts
joekd said:
this is why they invented the touchless car wash bays

great for a quick wash and nothing touches your car, just jets of water
Just those "touchless" ones blow all the dirt into places you never thought it could go:mg:
N.E. winters and that f-in salt they use
:mad: :mad:

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
VISION1 said:

Just those "touchless" ones blow all the dirt into places you never thought it could go:mg:
N.E. winters and that f-in salt they use
:mad: :mad:
I'm with ya VISION1! Minnesota and salt go together all too well :angry:

I have found that some of those touchless washes use some pretty harsh chemicals. I learned this from my last car (Stratus). Often I could tell that those chemicals were so strong that they were removing the wax from my car, similar to the way Dawn dishwashing detergent does. I've chosen to NEVER allow the R/T into ANY form of automatic car wash, touchless or otherwise. Having black paint, I think I need to take the best care of this finish as I possibly can.

A good quality LAMB SKIN wash mitt (forget those man-made fabrics, too course) and a California Waterblade does good for me.

·
Registered
9,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
joekd said:
There are none of those around here where I'm at. However there was a report of one across the bridge. Though I haven't seen it. yet. :confused:

·
Registered
583 Posts
Snorton Norton said:

A good quality LAMB SKIN wash mitt (forget those man-made fabrics, too course) and a California Waterblade does good for me.
California Waterblade then an ABSORBER. Works great.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Snorton Norton said:

Absorber? More info please!
The "Absorber" is a synthetic chamois. You can pick one up at most Walmart, Pep Boys, Carquest.
After using the CA wiper, go back over it with the absorber to take the excess off. Leaves no water--I hate water spots:mad:

·
Registered
31 Posts
joekd said:

great for a quick wash and nothing touches your car, just jets of water
The biggest gripe I have with the "touchless car washes", at least around here in Seattle, is that they all use recycled water. Now I'm all for conservation, but when it comes to keeping my car clean, I don't want to pay to have a car wash use dirty water from the last 10 washes! :eek:

·
Registered
583 Posts
99IntrepidES said:

The biggest gripe I have with the "touchless car washes", at least around here in Seattle, is that they all use recycled water. Now I'm all for conservation, but when it comes to keeping my car clean, I don't want to pay to have a car wash use dirty water from the last 10 washes! :eek:
I used to work next to a car wash. The strnch from the water was ****in sick.......

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
VISION1 said:

I used to work next to a car wash. The strnch from the water was ****in sick.......
I used to work in a car wash, and when that stench occurred it meant that the recycled water needed chemical treatment, of which was done periodically and was only needed in the warm Summer months. Algae of some type as I recall.

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
VISION1 said:

The "Absorber" is a synthetic chamois. You can pick one up at most Walmart, Pep Boys, Carquest.
After using the CA wiper, go back over it with the absorber to take the excess off. Leaves no water--I hate water spots:mad:
Purchased a "Absorber" this afternoon at lunch time. Sounds like the "cats meow" when used with the waterblade!

Thanks for the info VISION1!

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
I use touchless up here in the winter about once every week or two to remove the salt, I WAS handwashing my car when I was unemployed, but now that I have a physical labour job, I'm too lazy to even think about washing it by hand, I think I might just pay the money and go to the touchless,

BTW, I find that if you have any sort of dirt on your car, the Touchless washes DON'T do ****, just gets rid of the minor dirt :(

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
gota love the touchless!

they are aLL OVER the place down here.

I spend an 30min on that thing getting my car all sparkly and shiny they work too!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts