DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wonder what's needed for the automatic headlights? I have them on my '97 Grand Cherokee but not on the '98 Intrepid ES. Automatic headlights are SO nice just for guaranteeing that you never forget to turn the lights on in the rain or when it's starting to get dark.

Wonder if someone might have an aftermarket kit for this? Just having my front door speakers replaced in the Jeep was $280 at the dealer (WarrantyGold covered it) so I'm sure getting all the related parts from Chrysler would be absurdly expensive.

Marcus
'98 3.2L ES

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
The 300m has automatic headlights so it could be possible. However... some things from a 300m are easy to put on a trep, however others are almost impossible. Otto would have to verify this.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Beleive the some states and Canada require day running lamps.

sURFN

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
Daytime running lamps and automatic lights aren't the same thing,

DRL use just your high beams at a lower wattage that turn on everytime you start the motor

Automatic lights use a sensor to detect when lights are needed and turn them on just as if you turned the switch on

Automatic lights are great to have, you never have to worry about when to turn on your lights, just let the car control them

·
Registered
137 Posts
Originally posted by sURFNmADNESS:
Beleive the some states and Canada require day running lamps.
You got it! I don't beleive its the law to have them, but I know manufacturers are required to put them on. On my car its just a fuse that has to be pulled in order to disengage them. So I think if the guys and gals from in the US want to have DRL it should be pretty easy. UNLESS they don't have that fuse spot.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
the fuse spot is there, but the relays and the wiring under the hood are not.

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
Marcus said:
Just having my front door speakers replaced in the Jeep was $280 at the dealer (WarrantyGold covered it) so I'm sure getting all the related parts from Chrysler would be absurdly expensive.
no, he had warranty pay for it, he was just using the speakers as an example of the high dealer prices fo rreplacement parts

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
auto headlamps

yes you can add the auto headlamp switch from the 300M to your Trep, the only thing you need to make it work is the sun sensor on the top of the dash (same sensor with the little red light for the alarm) if you dont have this sensor the switch will not know when to turn on when it gets dark. Some SE cars have the elecrical connection taped to the dash under the top cover so all you need to do is get the sensor and light switch and install them. To see if you have the connection for the light sensor you have to pry up the top I.P cover closest to the front window , then you will see a hole in the middle of the I.P ,if you have wires coming out and taped down you only need to plug in the sensor ,screw it down and cut the hole in the top cover for it to stick through. good luck.:eek:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts