DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I've done a few searches and want everyone's opinion. If I do the autostick mod will the TCM from a 3.2 cause problems with speed readings on a 2001 2.7? Anyone with this set-up please chime in.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
well im doing this mod and my cars a 2000 and im pritty sure all tcms are coming from a 3.2 or 3.5 so ill let u know, it should work because the tcms on i think its 2002-04 is built in to the ecu on the new cars, i think thats it from what i have heard

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, but there was a thread were GORM said (also others) that if you put in a TCM from a non 2.7 then the shifting patterns don't add up because of different gearing. My only question is that I thought the transmissions were the same in all intrepids. They said that the speedo would be off. Do they mean the speedo gearings in the trannys are different. I don't know. Let me know Vegas.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
well first i dont think any 2.7s came with autostick. second i think there talking about the gear ratios. i have some one lookin for a tcm for me but i have to get my seats in or better yet buy my seats before i can finish this mod lol. ill let u know if everything works out it might be a couple weeks seeing how seats for two will coast me about 350 bucks and i dont have that right now kinda said yes i know

·
Registered
105 Posts
if you have the same tranny and engine computer as me.... which you do...... then you dont need a new tcm, just tap a few wires, and youre good to go... its been done dozens of times.... i bet it would be the same on the 3.2's and 3.5's too...... if someone can get me a treppy fsm i will give a definate answer....
you can goto 2gss.org for more info on the conversion there... theres atleast a dozen people there that have done it

·
Premium Member
2,576 Posts
My speedo reads correctly. When I changed the PCM after the engine swap the dealer set the new pcm up and checked the tcm , all the info was correct , 2.7 gears, 17" rims, 225-55-17 tires. The DRB tool is a sweet piece to set these cars up, wish I had one .

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Vegas Trep 00 said:
well first i dont think any 2.7s came with autostick.
In 98-99 Dodge made ES models with 2.7L engines w/autostick. They are rare to find but they do exist ask Gorm he knows all about them he has a 2.7L PCM w/autostick.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
But, a Stratus does not need a TCM change. An Intrepid does however. I don't get it. Go to the stratus forums. My only question is why is it so different between the models?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts