DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question. Does anyone have a picture of where I need to connect the wires to for autostick? everywhere I search tells me were the wires go, but I have no idea were they go.

I have traced the wires back from the console on the 300M, under the seat and then up into a giant cluster of wires under the dash, and as much fun as it would be to painstakingly dissect the factory wiring harness to discover where 3 wires go, I am opting to see if anyone out there has a picture of were they need to be connected.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Peva. I think when I do mine, I may take a few pictures as I do it. I am not electrically inclined, so even tho I have the FSM that I scored with my parts car, I have no idea what I am looking at.

·
Registered
119 Posts
To save yourself a lot of routing, just connect the positive and negative to the 12-Volt/Cigarette lighter on your shifter bezel.

Besides that PEVA has nailed the two signal wires.

·
Premium Member
17,323 Posts
OK - I'm going to post figures out of the manual I wrote for installing the Puttstick (the aftermarket autostick device I designed) - and you're welcome. :)

This should make it so easy that even a caveman could do it.

1st, 2nd, and 3rd figures: Connector locations - you're looking for C106 to connect the up and down shift wires.

4th figure: Connection of up and down shift wires at C106 (recommend T-taps - *red* only due to the wire sizes). Ignore the 'Orange' and 'Brown' labels - those are the colors of the Puttstick wires. Your up and down shift wires will connect to the wires they are shown connected to.

5th figure: Recommended power tap.

6th figure: Recommended grounding point - use either of those 2 studs.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Perfect. I picked up a few of the red 'T taps' to splice in to make life easier. and now that I can see what I need to see, it should make this simple enough for a caveman to do it!! Thanks Peva!!

So, the color's *should* match up? I and snipping the wiring from the 300M so I have the proper connection for the back of the Autostick

Wait, just read the write up again, makes sense now

1 - 8 of 8 Posts