DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i have had these autosick parts since last year and finally got around to installing them. what a pain in the ass is all i can say. The hardest part is tapping into the wires so you can shift up and shift down. I tried first to grab them from under the dash but no matter how i tried my hands were to big to work in there. I thought about it for a second and realized that the wires come right out of the TCM. So i located them while i was installing the TCM and connected them right from the TCM and ran wires thru the firewall to the autostick. Since i don't smoke i took the power and ground from the lighter and used that for the autostick. I crossed my fingers when i took the car out for a spin and everything works great. I had fun driving to work tonight, it will take a little getting use to for shift points. In the end i am happy with it :biggrin:

·
Registered
9,831 Posts
I'm jealous.
:(

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I removed my driver seat, plastic panels ,steel plates, air duct under the dash and finally got to the wires. once i realized i couldn't grab the wires i must have said every curse word possible because i wasted time.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
do'h! Getting my Autostick working was a sinch...dont' know why it was so hard for you guys *shrugs*

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
HEHEH I wish i had an R/T like you then i wouldn't have to worry about installing autostick.

·
Registered
7,101 Posts
I thought mine wasn't that bad. You have to unhook the white connector and then you have a little room to play with it.

--Gorm

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I got all the way to the white connector unplugged it but them was no room to do anything under the dash. Grabbing the wires from the TCM was so much easier, i would have saved myself probably an hour or so.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
if you really want pictures of autostick i can try and get some loaded up later tonight.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts