·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok..i have all the parts for autostick to be put into my concorde

Im putting it in on tuesday

any last minute tips anyone would like to give me

i have this

A/S pin-2 LG/RD goes to C106 pin-5 and then onto TCM pin-5 (Autostick Upshift Switch Sense)
A/S pin-1 YL/LB goes to C106 pin-6 and then onto TCM pin-44 (Autostick Downshift Switch Sense)

C106 is a Natural(White) colored connector located under the dash on the drivers side bundled with C105(Yellow) and C200(Blue). That's straight from my 1999 FSM.
is all i have to do is run the lg/rd to pin 5 and yl/lb to pin 6...is that all..or do i have to run wires to the tcm also

pictures would be greatly appreciated'

thanks

Reactions: Wretched

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
Imadreadhead said:
is all i have to do is run the lg/rd to pin 5 and yl/lb to pin 6...is that all..or do i have to run wires to the tcm also

pictures would be greatly appreciated'

thanks
from what I see, there is no difference, other than the length of wire used. Call me if you need help.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
or could i just go straight to these wires

TCM harness for 98-01:

5 T5 20LG/RD AUTOSTICK UPSHIFT SWITCH SENSE

44 T44 20YL/LB AUTOSTICK DOWNSHIFT SWITCH SENSE

the harness coming out of the tcm

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Take pics please always wanted to do this!!!

·
Registered
148 Posts
This is great, I'm in the process of collecting the stuff for an autostick in my LHS. So far I just have a 300M cluster, but there's no rush since the weather sucks right now and I have no garage to work in.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Imadreadhead said:
or could i just go straight to these wires

TCM harness for 98-01:

5 T5 20LG/RD AUTOSTICK UPSHIFT SWITCH SENSE

44 T44 20YL/LB AUTOSTICK DOWNSHIFT SWITCH SENSE

the harness coming out of the tcm
That is the route I used but first you will have to see if there are any wires in those posistions, my TCM harrness didn't even have pins in those spots of the connector, had to get two from a scrap harness, take the connector apart, and put them in.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the 300m is still in the yard that i got all the stuff for..if i need it..ill go get it

·
Woober Goobers!
50,468 Posts
I'd check to see if the TCM connector has those pins/wires in first. Seeing as you have a 1998..they might be in there. Possibly cost cutting didn't take effect until later model years where they made different harnesses some with all the wires others stripped down due to less options. Were you able to open the pdf files I sent?

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
Ronbo said:
I'd check to see if the TCM connector has those pins/wires in first. Seeing as you have a 1998..they might be in there. Possibly cost cutting didn't take effect until later model years where they made different harnesses some with all the wires others stripped down due to less options. Were you able to open the pdf files I sent?
Considering none of them had it(i think) it may NOT be there in the first place.

·
Woober Goobers!
50,468 Posts
Are you talking about the Concorde or all 1998 LH cars? The 1998 Intrepid ES had Autostick available so it had the wiring. Seeing as the LH platform was shared..there's a good possibility DC had just one harness for all models in that year. So it's worth a shot to look and save some hassles. Wouldn't you rather splice into a kickpanel wiring harness rather than go all the way out to the TCM? That's all I'm saying..nothing wrong with taking a look.
I talk about the cost cutting because my 2002 R/T has the wiring in the door harness for the courtesy lights but inside the car from the bulkhead there'sno wiring in the inside connector or harness for it.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Wretched said:
That is the route I used but first you will have to see if there are any wires in those posistions, my TCM harrness didn't even have pins in those spots of the connector, had to get two from a scrap harness, take the connector apart, and put them in.

Quoting myself from a couple posts ago, I have a 98 and the wire/pins were not there.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well either way..its goin in tuesday..i dont care how many trips to the junkyard i have to take..

and yes i wil take lots of pics

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
the one thing i have for me is i have the fully loaded LXi with the 3.2..so maybe just maybe they will be there

if the wires arent there..what did you guys do?

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
so that pink/red wire is one that you added?

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
That was just a reference pic to show where the connecotr pins go. I had already used the actual colours on my setup. It shouldn't matter what colour you use, as long as they go in the right cavity.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
thanks a bunch man...by reading your other post..you said you didnt even need a autostick tcm correct?

so mine should be fine?

·
Registered
290 Posts
Imadreadhead said:
thanks a bunch man...by reading your other post..you said you didnt even need a autostick tcm correct?

so mine should be fine?
98's require that you change the TCM, In your case it can be from any 3.2/3.5 from '99-'01, or a '98 with autostick. 98 TCM's were either Autostick or Non-Autostick, '99-'01 will detect the cluster and switch by themselves.

Good luck!

Reactions: Imadreadhead

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well today is the day...ill take lots of pics..and maybe we will finally have a how to on how to do this..

wish me luck

1 - 20 of 22 Posts