DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i read in a thread that some 96's have em and some dont.. where did you find the autostick wires\plug..

i have my center console riped out i see these wires that cross over each other 2 thick black wires taped up sorta but cant find a plug do i not have it?? hope someone can help!! asap

96 3.5L

NEW 2001 concorde LEATHER SEATS IN 96!
http://www.dodgeintrepid.net/forums/showthread.php?t=116071

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
Have you checked for them on the TCM end? The how-to will show you which wires you are looking for. If you do have them at the TCM then the rest is probably coiled up in the cabin somewhere. I spent a couple hours looking for mine but couldnt find it so I just ran new ones.

·
Speed is Power
6,687 Posts
what is a autostick lol i am totaly confused
Autostick:
Ability to manually select gears
Ability to start from 2nd or 3rd in inclement weather to improve traction
Allows downshifting while coming down steep inclines to maintain speed
Improved performance with quicker, more firm shifts

The system works by dropping the shifter down into a gated area on the shift assembly which allows the shifter to be pushed to the right (up-shift) or to the left (down-shift). When the driver pushes the shifter in either of these directions the assembly sends a signal to the TCM to shift up, or down depending on the driver's actions. Dropping the shifter into the Autostick gate while the vehicle is moving will simply keep the vehicle in the current gear selected.

If the user does not shift while driving in the Autostick mode, the transmission will automatically up-shift at redline to prevent engine/transmission damage, and will not downshift into redline. When coming to a complete stop, the system will automatically return to first gear. According to the owner's manual in the event of a critical failure the system will revert to a full automatic mode.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Looks like this with a shorter shaft and second gen. style knob.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.