DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just put in all the autostick parts. dash shows what gear im in correctly but airbag light is stuck on now. also does not shift when i move the shifter left and right. i spliced the wires into the two same color wires comming out of the tcm

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
just put in all the autostick parts. dash shows what gear im in correctly but airbag light is stuck on now. also does not shift when i move the shifter left and right. i spliced the wires into the two same color wires comming out of the tcm
Airb ag light: this occurs if the cluster you use was 2002-2004. You need to find a 98-2001 instrument cluster. There is no way to fix this other than getting the right clutter.

Shifter: When you move it all the way back to the auto stick mode does it stay on the first gear? if so you will need to take the shifter cover off and you will see a bolt while looking down at it. You need to slightly adjust thee bolt while the car is on. lossen iss up a bit while trying to change gears in autostick.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the dash is from a 99 es and i put the stick back in the autostick slot it goes to the 1st gear or when im in motion already it goes into 2. can someone show me which slots the two wires get shoved into in the tcm i think my wires are wrong there and any other advice on the airbag...

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
the dash is from a 99 es and i put the stick back in the autostick slot it goes to the 1st gear or when im in motion already it goes into 2. can someone show me which slots the two wires get shoved into in the tcm i think my wires are wrong there and any other advice on the airbag...
You cannot use a 99 clyuster in a 2001 car, the dash/airbag module are not compatable, so the light will be illuminated.
You must use a 2000+ cluster.
Wires for auto-stick go here:

the black wire can be grounded to the bolts that hold the shifter down.

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
that cluster of wires are impossible to get to even for my little hands. i was looking for where the wires go into the computer under the hood
Nope, wrong place, That is just asking for trouble if you accidently cut the wong one, or break one inside the insulation while fooling with it; just undo the bolt that holds the white retainer to the bracket, that will allow it to drop enough to turn around to get the plug apart to insert the pins if you are doing it correctly, if not, and you just want to cut and splice the wiring, then you can get the white plug down far enough to cut, strip and splice the wires.
Not that hard, I've done dozens of them, and I'm old and got big hands.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i dunno why but i pull and twist and cant get it to come down enough for me to do anything up there. i got the bolt off but the wires are too short and wont let me move it anywhere... maybe i need to take more of the dash off...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.