DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is a intrepid forum and i have posted on a cirrus forum but have not been able to come up with any answers so i am hoping someone here can help me out if possible. I have a 1995 chrysler cirrus that i want convert to autostick from a 96 dodge stratus, i have all the parts hooked up correct but can't get it to work, I think because in 96 then changed the transmission range sensor, so when i put it into autostick the tcm doesn't see it there...anyone know a work around to this problem?

Any help would be great.

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
Could there be a difference in the TCM's?
maybe you need to take the 95 tranny apart and swap in the 96 range sensor or swap the whole tranny in?
I would assume you've gotten the wiring diagrams and confirmed all your work and that there are no missing, disconnected or cut wires?

I'm just guessing here.

Cheers

BJ:anon:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i was just looking at the intrepid autostick how to and everything is wired the same way expect i have a different wired tcm where pin 2 is used for backup lamp sense and pin 3 on the tcm is t3 range sense.

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
you need to find the wires on the TCM that make it go UP and DOWN.... AND did you get the Autostick gauge cluster?
Also, i doubt you forgot, but did u connect power to the actual shifter? make sure it is getting power. In this case, if you blow the fuse for the cig lighter, you lose autostick too. Give us more details on your install.
Keith. if you are reading this....this is why we need an OFFICIAL how to.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the tcm pinouts are exactly the same expect like i said i have for pin 2 backup lamp sense which the 96 tcm doesn't have, and yes everything is wired up correctly to the tcm pin 5 and 44 and running to the shifter. Must be something with the range sensor on the transmission itself because like i said 96 uses a different range sensor like the intrepid uses.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
What it does when you are in autostick mode? Does it shift or stay in 1 st gear?
Maybe it is the same that the intrepid in 1996 they had a temp sensor inside the transmission range sensor. That can explain why they make different unit.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
?
ACR said:
What it does when you are in autostick mode? Does it shift or stay in 1 st gear?
Maybe it is the same that the intrepid in 1996 they had a temp sensor inside the transmission range sensor. That can explain why they make different unit.
? huh

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
no it's not going into autostick mode at all..........it shifts like it was in 3. Yes mine doesn't have the temp sensor inside the range range, i have the older design of a 3 pin range sensor and 3 pin park neutral safety switch. This is what i am trying to find out, i know the intrepid's have the 10 pin range sensor just like the 96+ stratus/cirrus do.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
95cirruslx said:
no it's not going into autostick mode at all..........it shifts like it was in 3.
For me it sound that you doesn't have the good TCM. The 2 autostick TCM that I have for my Concorde stay in first gear if the upshift and downshift wires are not connected .

1 - 12 of 12 Posts