DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why was the AutoStick NOT an option on the new Treps, when did they start putting them in the 2003 300M /SPECIAL. AND WHY WERE THE RIGHTS LEASED OUT TO .... Hon... ....da!!!!!! 2003/04 there suppost to be coming out in the new Civics! (Shivers, then feels sick)

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Two words: COST CUTTING!

In 2002 Chrysler as well as several other BIG manufacturers started hardcore cost cutting. I got my car before a lot of the cutting had taken place but some stuff was still notably absent from my car that came on 2001's. 2002 was the last year for autostick.......and it only came on the R/T. Hence when the R/T was discontinued, so was the autostick. Before 2002, autostick was available in R/T's and some or all (not sure) ES's.

·
Registered
268 Posts
lets also keep in mind dodge/chrys were not the first cars to come with a auto stick jags and beemers had them way before our lil 'ol cars did.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Tilt said:
lets also keep in mind dodge/chrys were not the first cars to come with a auto stick jags and beemers had them way before our lil 'ol cars did.
When did BMW have an Autostick feature? I wasn't completely sure if they had one today. I know Porsche had the Tiptronic over five years before Chrysler brought out autostick in '97 (which reminds me, I should look into getting that for my 'trep).

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
AutoStick Is a trademark. HonDuh (likes the way thats spelled TY :D) is going to have it in there civics. its got the TM & R. I got this info from the dealer. could be wrong, hopfuly I am.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
AutoStick is a trademark, so none can say they have an autostick, or anything like that. like in Rangerovers its a "CommandShift" TM R

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thats it!
(Is glad someone is multi-linwal [Crazy to Non-Crazy] :))

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
rentapig said:
could you put a autostick in a non autostick and if you can how hard would it be to do
Yes you can put autostick in. You have to buy an autostick instrument cluster, A/S shifter, A/S tranny controller, A/S shifter bezel and add a few wires to do it like it would have come from the factory. You can do a search and find a couple of other ways using switches.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ok. so how much does one have to spend to get such a tranny?

also i was told that the Autostick loses power when shifting? IE a normal tranny i guess has a better way to make the toruqe flow from the engine to the tranny to the UVJ to the CV to the shaft to the hub to the rim to the tire to the ground.

i dident understand it either!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts