DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Yeah, I hate IE 7 Beta.......doesn't let me make new posts sometimes.

ANYWAYS, clay barred my car on Friday.......got AWESOME results.
Went down to Crappy Tire and bought a Mothers $25 Clay Bar kit, and did most of the car with it, paint came out SMOOTH, like it just rolled out of the factory paint booth.

VERY impressed with the kit!

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
I don't think I'd take comparison pics before and after clay barring, the difference isn't so much visible as it is tangible. Now a before and after of clay bar AND a polish, that would be a great photo op.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Nice Avenger...

I've been wanting to try that. Does it do anything for swirl marks or just remove contaminents form the paint ? How long does it take ? How sore are your arms afterwards ?

·
Registered
646 Posts
Ill post my before and after pictures from my full detail on my paint... clay bar, 3 step polish, and wax. Amazing difference.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Clay bar won't remove any swirls or blemishes within the clearcoat, just removes the sentiment from on top of it. Do you guys heat your clay bars up before and while using them?

·
Registered
646 Posts
I don't personally. I tend to avoid claying though unless I have access to a wheel nearby incase I accidently mess something up. (like when i detailed my car, the clay i used was something we had at work and i was trying it out since it was new, and turns out the **** is way too course to use on the paint, I ended up only using it on the bottom plastic trim to get off the bugs because it marred the living piss outta my hood and trunk, oh well good thing i had access to a wheel and tons of compound :p)

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Awwww ****, the pic got messed up (I still have it on my HD), Cardomain sucks :(

·
Registered
646 Posts
raztrep said:
I wish i could do that, weve had rain for like 5 days now and rain in the forecast all week
On the plus side you could use the rain to help with the rinsing, could wash the car, rinse, and let the rain work as a lubricant for the claying process :p

·
Registered
375 Posts
does the clay get out rust stains? i have some bad ones on the rear bumper from the winter and spring i want to get rid of

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
probally not if you have rust then that means that its past the paint and clear coat. seems to be signs of a new paint job coming but wait for more opions

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
Japy said:
On the plus side you could use the rain to help with the rinsing, could wash the car, rinse, and let the rain work as a lubricant for the claying process :p
I don't think you'd want to use the rain as your clay lubricant. You probably would wind up with scratches.

Claying doesn't take much if any arm power. You don't press down too hard; just some light pressure to remove the contaniments. It won't remove scratches or swirls. Once you've clayed you can use an abrasive (not pure polish) polish to help get rid of your scratches / swirls. Always use the least aggressive product when trying to get rid of scratches / swirls. If the first product doesn't work then move up to the next (more) aggressive. Better to be safe than sorry.

·
Woober Goobers!
50,354 Posts
At least he didn't Claymore it! Blamm!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts