DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some advice on what todo with my Avenger. I have a 4 cynlindar dohc engine that has threw a rod. I have been told that it will be cheaper just to replace the engine would I be able to do a 3.5 conversion in the Avenger froma 2.0

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
I'm not sure if a mighty 3.5 would fit in an avenger, and then there's the problem with mating it up with your transmission.

I'd say get another 2.0 engine, and go with a turbo custom job. :) Boost!

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
hey rooster....
we were pondering the thought of a full motor with tranny included swap over.
and using the c/v shafts and suspension off a wrecked or junked 97 trepid.

unless there is a good site for cheap avenger 4 banger engines.

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Yeah, a sleeper all engine 3.5 H.O. in an avenger with a tight suspension and sweet rims, and the whole dress up dealio that avengers have in the aftermarket, that would be one sweet deal. Mated to an awd 6 speed would be even better :p

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I say we do it I will need some help the pros o it lol. Its going to be a big project. Whats our forst step.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I willing to do it and try since I still we money on the vehicle might has well try it the worst i can do is have an intrepid also that broke in my driveway.

·
Registered
562 Posts
The 3.5L swap is only for the V6 avenger/sebring. I believe it is a 3.5 out of a hyndiua (sp?) .you best bet is to get the 2.2 stroker from Howell Automotive or make a custom turbo job.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts