DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
lol please, how bout a Geo Metro with them spinner hub caps, blue neon underglow, blue neon on the rear deck, AND ratteling trunk from the subs....hows that haha...been a while since last time i saw him...

·
Registered
4,388 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
I have seen that. Alot of money is going into those trucks...

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Saw a truck with underglow lighting once travelling down the highway, WOW.

I get a kick out of Echo's with big coffee can exhaust ;)

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Warlord187 said:
I thought this was too funny not to share.

On may work to work this morning I see a Chevy Aveo with spinner hubcaps. WTF?! Good god I'm still laughing at that sight. :D
:worthless

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
a guy I used to work with had the 4 door hatch echo. Spinner hubcabs that probably rattled in the wind when driving instead of spinning.. too funny. The guy was proud of it too, and all the custom.... blue lelds all over the interior.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
I would feel like a fool driving something like an Aveo or a Metro....little wimpmobiles. I wouldn't feel safe in one. I can't understand why people would put down money on one of those kind of cars just because they're new rather than get a nice used car....for less! Case in point....my previous car was a 92 New Yorker Salon that I bought for about $5500 with 76k.... wel that car ran great, had no rust and I got alot of compliments. Think anyone in an Aveo or Metro gets a compliment? maybe a snicker, that's about it. And the resale value on those crap boxes is nil. Oh well, go figure...

·
Registered
589 Posts
hey, i almost baught a Aveo, its roomie as hell inside and well, close to 40 mpg if you know how to drive it well.

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Trytic said:
hey, i almost baught a Aveo, its roomie as hell inside and well, close to 40 mpg if you know how to drive it well.
Good thing you didn't, we'd all have to laugh at you :gay:

·
Registered
655 Posts
hey now lol my mom got an Aveo...A YELLOW ONE! haha nice lil car...no passing power whatsoever.....

·
Registered
997 Posts
Kid at my school had an aveo with plastic spinners on it. It was always worth a laugh.

·
Registered
891 Posts
I don’t think it’s foolish to have an Aveo, because when gas prices slide over $3.00 a gallon and it costs $60.00 to fill the tank of my midsized V6 family sedan again, I can see wanting something that gets better gas mileage. What I can’t see is getting one of those econo-boxes and trying to make it look “trick”. I mean it will NEVER be even zippy because it was made as an economy people mover. There is a little Hyundai Accent in town that has the biggest wing, wire looking wheels that stick out from the wheel wells, tinted windows, of course a fart cannon, and performance stickers all over it from companies that I don’t think even make parts for Hyundai’s like Edlebrock. I swear every time I see it I want to walk up to it, pull the wing off of it, and tell the idiot behind the wheel that the car will never need a wing, and in the name of good taste I am disposing of it for him.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
cobra65 said:
I would feel like a fool driving something like an Aveo or a Metro....little wimpmobiles. I wouldn't feel safe in one. I can't understand why people would put down money on one of those kind of cars just because they're new rather than get a nice used car....for less! Case in point....my previous car was a 92 New Yorker Salon that I bought for about $5500 with 76k.... wel that car ran great, had no rust and I got alot of compliments. Think anyone in an Aveo or Metro gets a compliment? maybe a snicker, that's about it. And the resale value on those crap boxes is nil. Oh well, go figure...

I couldn't have said it any better!

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
cobra65 said:
Well, I've always got to show the other side of things. Yes you might be able to get a used car cheaper, but then you have to worry about if the car was taken care of before. That's the big difference from buying new and used. New and you don't have to worry about somebody else's headaches costing u money down the road. My wife and I just got rid of her POS Sebring (talk about somebody else's headache) and got into a brand new 2006 Saturn Ion 2. Good on gas, and we both missed driving a stick shift. Sure I might have found something used decent around the $13,500 we paid for the Saturn but there's always the worry factor. Then, of course, there's the financing deal. We got it for 4 years 0% interest! Youu can't get a used car deal anywhere near that. I mean when I bought my trep 2 years ago, the best rates around were at 4%, and that's not bad at all, but 0% is even better!

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
I've always had good luck with used cars. No, not luck...I know what to look for. Most have been Chryslers. Had a 1985 Plymouth Voyager I bought with 86k, got rid of it with 125k, was running excellent, no oil smoke, nothing. Bought my 92 New Yorker with 76k, had 127k, ran excellent, no oil smoke, traded it for my Intrepid.....still saw it up until this last summer ALMOST 4 YEARS later still on the original motor! Hmmm wonder if an Aveo will be that durable. And gas mileage is great and all that, but so is safety. Which would you rather be in an accident with? An Intrepid or an Aveo?

·
Registered
467 Posts
froggy81500 said:
Yeah its amazing these little shitboxes with more $$'s worth of mod's than the car is actually worth! These days, they'll "pimp" anything! I mean, ****, CMT has a show on where they are "pimpin' " semi's! http://www.cmt.com/shows/dyn/Trick_My_Truck/series.jhtml
modifying semis (or rigs as they are known to those in the scene) has been popular ever since the 70s. My dad used to own his own tractor when he worked with RGX (Red & Green Express), and he two-toned the tractor a deep red with a holly green, and painted the full tanker trailer to match. Chrome accents, LED lighting, never saw a chip or scratch on that truck despite still being used as a work truck.

He won a lot of shows with that thing, you'd be suprised at how nice some of the trucks are. I respect them a lot more than show cars because, like I said, they are still used (mostly) as their intended purpose, guys just take INSANE care of them.

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
95PGTTech said:
modifying semis (or rigs as they are known to those in the scene) has been popular ever since the 70s. My dad used to own his own tractor when he worked with RGX (Red & Green Express), and he two-toned the tractor a deep red with a holly green, and painted the full tanker trailer to match. Chrome accents, LED lighting, never saw a chip or scratch on that truck despite still being used as a work truck.

He won a lot of shows with that thing, you'd be suprised at how nice some of the trucks are. I respect them a lot more than show cars because, like I said, they are still used (mostly) as their intended purpose, guys just take INSANE care of them.
Yeah, every now and then I flip past the show and see some really nice rigs. At least they're worth some bucks, unlike some of those POS's they do on "Pimp My Ride". Its amazing what they do to the cars on there, but damn, they're putty a whole lotta money into them. I bet they put more into them than what they would have sold for originally!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts