DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How long do you expect your Trep to last? How many miles?

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
I think realistically, 173K. I am at 132K right now and it still seems pretty solid.

·
Registered
9,831 Posts
I expect mine to last a long time. With proper maint, and care. HOPEFULLY... my trep will last for 10 years. (thats right TEN). I don't care if I have to buy a new engine and tranny. I want my car to laaaaaaaaaaaaaassssssst.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
I want to be able to eventually put classic car plates on my intrepid..:)

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
crombie said:
I expect mine to last a long time. With proper maint, and care. HOPEFULLY... my trep will last for 10 years. (thats right TEN). I don't care if I have to buy a new engine and tranny. I want my car to laaaaaaaaaaaaaassssssst.
Mine's already at the 10-year mark, and 158K. It's not liking the cold too much these days...

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'd expect mine to last at least up to 150k miles. Of course my definition of "last" is no repairs worth more than 1/2 the value of the car. Or something like that. Speaking of which, can anyone help me with my continuing idle problems. See the "Intake Manifold Torque" thread if you have a minute.

Thanks,
CH

·
Banned
1,258 Posts
My car is over 173K miles right now, and it has just a few problems that are common to the Intrepid, but usually on much lower mileage engines. I love my Intrepid.

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
I guy at work had over 400,000 kilometers or about 240,000 miles on his 93 Trep with no major repairs. I've also heard of a few guys with 180,000+ miles.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
150k for the tranny, and 200k for the engine. At 150 k about is when the tranny went out on both my LH's, ( have the receipt for the lhs when it had a tranny rebuild) and 200k for the engine, thats when the LHS engine went, and the engine on the Intrepid blew a headgasket, but I'm sure if I fixed the headgasket it wouldnt last much longer...

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Years will kill my car, not miles. It's presently 9 years old with 112,000km's(67200miles).
So far it has a good head start on a long life. It has zero rust on the body. Oil consumption - I don't add oil between changes it goes from full to add in 5000kms which is when I change my oil.
Plus I can't afford a new car.

In my humble opinion it is harder to rack up the miles on cars up here in the north. Cold starts when it's way below freezing out and driving on heavily salted roads kill our cars.

·
Registered
193 Posts
As of right now I have 71,000 miles on it, it doesn't burn any oil, never put money into it other than the normal maintenance stuff, and it's paid for....it's not going anywhere for a while :wink:

·
Registered
225 Posts
hope fully mine will run over 200,000 miles.
At 166,000 now and i have bragged before about always running NOS. original engine and tranny too.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I'm at 171K miles right now and 10 years old. I may keep it around a couple more years. I can easily see 220+ miles on the engine as it runs nicely now.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've had my 1994 Intrepid for 20 years, now it's having several issues with the fuel intake, had to replace fuel pump, and two other parts in the system, not counting the fuel filter. But, anyway, the mileage is at 233,000 :banana:

·
Registered
316 Posts
1 owner (me) 98 ES. 254K still running. Original engine and trans.

Reactions: LorcaBlue

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Capt. Ron
Good to see that there are more people alive in this forum. Sure is quiet, but perhaps that is more common with First Generation Intrepids? Am looking forward to receiving my manual so that my basic questions can be answered in one place. Everything about my car is still foreign to me but I do enjoy driving it!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts