DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was up guy I have not been on my com. in a while iam a 300m guy and i was reading about mikes conver. and wanted to know if it is poss. to do a awd conver. using the tranny from the prowler and the rear of a magnum 3.5 awd i dont want to use a v8 i want to make my 3.5 twin turb.thanks for the reply

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
lol damn!< All I can say is :

$$$$$$$MONEY$$$$$$MONEY$$$$$$MONEY$$$$$$$$$MONEY$$$$$$$$MONEY$$$$$$$$$$$ ------------------------->>> $$$$$$$$$$$$MONEY$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$!,<--------------, lol

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
If you wanted to go AWD, why use the prowler tranny and Magnum rear? The Prowler tranny is actually in the rear of the car if Im not mistaken, so it would be kind of hard to get AWD out of a RWD drive train. You need the front transfer case and rear diff. from the Magnum.

and like Luisa said.....CASH$$$CASH$$$CASH$$$CASH
Have fun :bigok:

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
I think that you'd be better off getting a drive train from an AWD Grand Caravan, at least you have a chance of getting all of the electronics to hook up and work correctly.

Getting the electrics and electronics to work properly is the real problem. Compared to that, the mechanicals are easy.

·
Garfield Rules
9,144 Posts
The problem with useing the AWD setup in a Grand Caravan is that the drivetrain is mounted sideways.

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
I didn't say it would be problem free, but at least the mechanicals are related to each other, adapters could be fabricated, etc, etc.

But putting a tranny and engine that uses CAN electronics into a car with a PCI data buss wouldn't have much chance of success.

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Since 'AWD' doesn't mean anything

One could modify the rear cover of the 42LE so that a viscous coupling could to take power off the transmission primary axis (it is close enough to the centerline of the car) send it rearward via a driveshaft to a rear differential with gearing that closely matches the overall front axle ratio (31/34 transfer gears-if you don't have them-get them and the 9/32 differential?)
The fuel tank would need replacing-would the nissan altima 20 gallon fit?, a custom exhaust system (dual of course, there is space on each side of the spare wheel), and the rear suspension and subframe.

http://www.allpar.com/images/mopar/42LE.jpg

http://www.morsetec.com/Hy-vo.pdf
Page 9

1 - 9 of 9 Posts