DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One more reason why the Eagle Vision is way better.

Awesome Camera Placement abilities!

Resulting in!

Also, With 25 Zip ties securing it, another suspension shot on the same road.

More to come once uploaded.

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
And chasing Dave Down MTN. Video ended early, ran out of space on card. However at some point a Leaf got caught in the setup blocking half the cameras view. Lucky after the camera stopped recording.

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Have some vids taken by friend in his camera, little worse quality but need to do some editing on them before uploading. He was driving a big ol Dodge 4x4 Diesel. HE did a wicked job of stay close considering, but between Daves worn suspension and my worn tires we did not push too hard. But he sure was! Had his brakes smoking after coming down the MTN! However we did pull away alot once the road got more curvy.

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,520 Posts
Pretty sweet man, what camera are you using? I just picked up a Canon Rebel 3 tsi...I should see if I can contribute a cool vid from my area.
No doubt, bad ass. Same question about the camera.

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Pretty sweet man, what camera are you using? I just picked up a Canon Rebel 3 tsi...I should see if I can contribute a cool vid from my area.
No doubt, bad ass. Same question about the camera.
Same Camera I have used for the past 4 years my man, A Cannon PowerShot A610 5.0 MP. (Shown in first Post picture mounted to front) This thing has been awesome to use. It may not have the awesome clarity or options as newer camera but it damn sure makes up for it in durability.

Being Strapped to the cradle places near the exhaust, and it handles the heat well even going up the mountain which you should know raises underhood temps. The camera has also been dropped many of time with the dents and dings to prove it.

The video is not honestly about my car as much as getting video of thing I hardly ever see on the forums or everyday stuff besides in the professional scene.

So, this morning I woke up with a Design for a cheap rig to hold the camera in two ways in which wide angle side shots and under the chassis shots can be possible. I will be going to AceHardware to build it and see about putting it to use.

I realize a GOPro can do all most of this with ease but I don't have the funds for one right now, so cheap alternative is what I will do!

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
BAM Cheap and it may work for my undercarriage shots.

Now to try and rig it up and test. Then move on to producing a rig to place the camera out at an angle to get the side shot of the car facing forward and reverse.

·
That rhythm is INFECTIOUS.
18,595 Posts
Yowza - unless that cam is feather-light - I would recommend some flat aluminum bent in a similar fashion... something a bit beefier than plumbing strap. That thing's gonna wiggle like the dickens. :D

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yowza - unless that cam is feather-light - I would recommend some flat aluminum bent in a similar fashion... something a bit beefier than plumbing strap. That thing's gonna wiggle like the dickens. :D
O it does. Did quick test and it does bouce like a jack russle but not as bad as I thought. However I plan on doing some bracing on it to minimize the bouncing.

I did take a video, the setup mounted nicely to the frame where the parking cable and fuel line/filter holder are. Both bolt holes lined up and it gave me a great shot of the suspension. Alot of movement back there. More than I thought! I can only imagine what it was like with that rinky dink 15mm bar in place.

Photo from vid..

Camera is roughly 5-6 inches from the ground too.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
I live the simplicity of it...wire ties, a strap and an every day average camera

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Added more bracing to reduce vibration. Looks ugly but much stiffer.

Two bolts line up perfectly for mounting.

And a gauge to see just how far it sits above the ground...

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Tested the new model of the rig. Less bouncy but not perfect. Tested a rear view and front. I also used the roughest roads to test. I am sure Raccoon Mtn will be smooth-er.

Rear to come soon!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts