DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
Why the hell DC does not make this wonderfully looking car is beyond me. It looks 100 times better than the 300C.

·
Registered
134 Posts
That thing is amazing. 4 door too. I'd love to get one of those. I love the retro stying in the back. Very slick looking.,

·
Banned
4,553 Posts
I'd love to see that in production with the 5.7 under the hood! A Supercharged 5.7 would finally make for a car worthy of the R/T badges! :biggrin:

Unfortunately, DCX doesn't seem to be interested in building it. That car has been around since 1999. :( Besides, looking at the side of the car...doesn't look like the rear seat would be very functional or comfortable to say the least! Holy No Head Room!!! :eek:

·
Registered
605 Posts
I wonder when that car might be auctioned off for sale. :p

·
Registered
189 Posts
hey guys!...just thought I'd drop in and see who had posted what about the new car pics that have been released...isn't this the exact same show car they put on the tour back in 99?...not that I'm complaining mind you, it is an awesome looking car and why in the world they haven't pushed into production by now is beyond me...the new magnum "sport tourer" as they call it proves they all the mechanical guts to make it happen, and it seems to me they HAVE to build a sedan to replace the Intrepid! so why not this one?!...anyways, I'm sure most of you have found some link to the Detroit show by now, but if not, check out
www.freep.com they have a nice thumbnail page with adjoining slideshows for each car...I can hardly wait for April! look out Jacob Javits Center...here I come!

·
Registered
3,594 Posts
I say they should have released that Charger exactly the way it looked as a 99 or whatever concept with the CNG engine ready to go and all. It didn't look too conceptish nor too bland, it was dead-on, but nooo, we had to be given the less-attractive and slightly too conceptish looking cars first. Go figure.

·
Registered
407 Posts
That picture shows a "cab-forward" design, (low angle windshield/backlite).
Keep in mind all the LX's we've seen so far have prominent angles at the glass to roof connections. I expect the Charger will follow suit.

·
Registered
605 Posts
In2Deep said:
It won't be I'm sure. Concept cars and prototypes normally get crushed. :(
Well then we should do something to stop this! Start an online petition! What a waste!

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
Welcome to the board Cabo.
The Charger is one of the best looking concepts around. That styling would make an awesome bodykit for a 2nd gen. I actually discussed this with a bodykit maker but there's an awful lot of planning involved considering you can't just make a mold of the concept.

·
Registered
6,239 Posts
Um they are making the charger concept into a real car. Of course not exactly like the concept but what car is. I remember reading that it was listed in a DC document in the lineup of new releases as coming in 2006.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Captain i'm sure it will be in name only.

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
CaptainMorgan said:
Um they are making the charger concept into a real car. Of course not exactly like the concept but what car is. I remember reading that it was listed in a DC document in the lineup of new releases as coming in 2006.
The Charger concept and whatever they might come out with won't be built on the same platform so the chances of it looking like the concept which everyone loves are probably slim to none. Not to say that it won't be a beautiful car, it could very well be. But if you're hung up on the looks of this one you may or may not be happy with the real one.

·
Registered
189 Posts
hey YB, thats an awesome photoshop pic in your sig....it is a photoshop car right?:D ...I mean I know you got skills...I guess even if the Charger is very similar to the new Magnum it might still be cool...but it sure wont have the flavor of the old 68-70model...IMO those were the coolest:cool:

·
Registered
605 Posts
bataxee said:
old 68-70model...IMO those were the coolest:cool:
*Thinks of the movie, Joe Dirt, when bataxee says that.*

LOL! :D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts