DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just took delivery on an 02 Trep ES w/ the infinity sound system. So, I sit down in the car, and the 1st thing I reach for is the behind-the-cruise-control-controls radio controls. THEY AREN'T THERE!!! WTF?!!?!

Anyone with an 02 have this option? 1-800-4-A-DODGE tells me it is not offered this year. (The guy sounded clueless, though...)

The Brochure says nothing about it for this year.

The OWNERS manual has instructions on how to operate it,.. IF INSTALLED.

It was NOT a selectable option when I ordered the car... HELP!

Anyone have an 02 WITH this option?

Mugzilla

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone? Help!!! I'm thinking about invoking the "3 business day" rule, tell them to get me a car w/ the friggin' on-the-steering-wheel controls!!!!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
PLEASE EMAIL ME IF YOU HAVE ANY INFORMATION ON THESE CONTROLS. i FORGOT IF I TURNED ON THE 'EMAIL IF SOMEONE POSTS TO THIS MESSAGE" OPTION OR NOT...

[email protected]

THX

MJP

·
Registered
45 Posts
Sorry, Chrysler has been cutting options to save money. The steering wheel stereo controls were a 1 year option (2001). They also cut the front passenger side power seat and no longer include a full size spare with the ES "M" package (the package that includes leather). Even the Infinity sound system is optional on the ES (used to be standard with the "M" package).

·
Registered
407 Posts
GREAT CESEAR'S GHOST- I'm glad I bought my R/T in 2001. I wonder if they are doing this to promote sales for the 300M and the Cirrus/Stratus instead.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
WHAT?? we still build 2002 Intrepids with steering wheel radio controls. Not all Intrepids have this control so first you have to see if your car should have gotten this option. Call DC and give them your vin number or go see another dealer and they should be able to tell you.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ottowrkr,
What models get steering wheel audio ctrls? 1 800 4 a dodge is clueless too... I am going to be upset if they "forgot" to slap on the correct steering wheel!

mug

·
Registered
15 Posts
In order to add the steering wheel controls, the body controler must be reprogramed. You would also have to get a proper steering wheel.

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Originally posted by Intrepid99:
Screw it then. it was just a thought if it was an easy mod. I don't really want it bad...
C'mon...how hard can reprogramming millions of lines of code be?

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
i actually saw the steering wheel radio controls on an 02 ram 1/2 ton pickup at the dealer in winnipeg, manitoba. i didn't notice them in the 01 trep r/t they had in the showroom.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
SORRY guys I FD up, I watched all the Intrepids today and not one had the controls. The Concorde and 300 stil have them .

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I was just about to write that, when I looked back and compared the 2001 and 2002 brochures:

2001 does NOT list the 240 watt amp, but lists the steering wheel controls...

2002 DOES list the amp, but does NOT list the radio controls...

Now I must pose the question,...

Ottowrkr, can it be added by finding a 2001 steering wheel, or did they modify the wiring harness?

Thank you for the response!

mug

·
Registered
558 Posts
FYI,

My 01 R/T has the finger controls. My 01 R/T has the lousy 240 watt 9 speaker (go find them) Infinity stereo system with the 4CD changer.
Hey, now that I am forced to keep the sunroof and windows closed due to the cold weather, the stereo is sounding better!! ORRRRRRRRR, maybe because I had my oil changed and tires rotated last week!
Pick one only, pleazzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!!!

Danny
Capitalcity R/T
01 Black Canadian R/T
Maybe OURS have BOTH features becuz itz a Chrysler!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D ;) :) :eek:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Where IS the Amp?

CapitalcityRT, yes, the infinity system is a little disappointing. I was hoping for crisper treble... I am thinking of adding the infinity Basslink all-in-one DIY 10" sub, amp, works w/ factory system....

You mention oil change and tire rotation. Were you getting alot of road noise, or did I miss the point of humor?

mug

·
Registered
558 Posts
mISSING THE HUMOUR MAN!!!!
10,00 KILOS..TIME TO GET THE OIL CHANGED...WHAT THE HELL, OPTED FOR A TIRE ROTATION AS WELL.
AMP..GO FIGURE WHERE ITS AT?
YOUR TROUBLE IS TREBLE...MY PROBLEM IS BASS. I HAVE 2 TYPES OF BASS IN MY BABE...NO BASS AND DISTORTED BASS..TAKE YOUR PICK!!

DANNY
CAPITALCITY R/T
OTTAWA..HOME OF THE CANADIAN CHRYSLER INTREPID R/T

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Originally posted by CapitalCity RT:
MY PROBLEM IS BASS. I HAVE 2 TYPES OF BASS IN MY BABE...NO BASS AND DISTORTED BASS..TAKE YOUR PICK!!

LOL! :)

Sounds like my Chrysler (erm.. more like Radio Shack) crappy sound system. Man, they can design a beautiful car, but next time, subcontract out the radio to a company that knows what they are doing!!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts