DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you use for rubber and plastic trim? How long does it last??. This has been discussed before but I was looking on the net and found Forever Black. It looks like it lasts a long time. Anyone used it? I am looking for long term effect. I hate doing it weekly.

I bought Back to Black by Mothers yesterday and I am very impressed. I have no clue on the durability but it sure made for a nice Engine bay, and the window trim looks better than anything I have used thus far. It started raining about half way through so please dont give me one of these.
:worthless
I will get back to it so.....

·
Registered
4,707 Posts
Adams VRT (Vinyl, Rubber and Tire)
Last a couple of weeks, on tires and trim, a lot longer on interior. It is flat, not glossy, and doesn't attract dirt.

·
Registered
6,362 Posts
before I painted my car, I used Back to Black on my C-Pillars and it was unimpressive. It didnt even last between washes. If you're using it for engine bay trim, you might get better results, but on the exterior it's just a temporary fix.

·
get off my lawn
15,505 Posts
it lasted maybe 3 weeks ,,, I finally has a chance to wash it yesterday and had to do it again

·
Registered
22,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It just rained here. I noticed it was coming off already. What a rip. I looks good to start though. :redface:
gazetowardthesky said:
before I painted my car, I used Back to Black on my C-Pillars and it was unimpressive. It didnt even last between washes. If you're using it for engine bay trim, you might get better results, but on the exterior it's just a temporary fix.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I used it on the commuter and it's lasting fine, even through the last rainstorm we've had.

Did you "Shake Well" before use? ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts