DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dropped my car of Sunday night at the dealership to get some of the problems I've been having with it looked at. All the problems had been looked at before with the usual response of "could not duplicate". Well the guy from the dealership called today to give me the bad news. First, they had to order a steering rack for it. This one had too much play in it and it was causing the bad shake in the steering wheel. So I figure ok, not too big of a deal. I didn't expect what he told me next. He says that they finally heard the knocking noise I had been describing to them for the past 10 months. I don't remeber exactly what he said but I'm pretty sure he said it was probably a connecting rod. :( Great, just what I wanted to hear. But it gets better. The tap that I started to hear about a week or two ago when the car is cold is probably a bad lifter. :eek: He said they will know more when they tear the motor down. They didn't find anything on the tranny yet. Oh well, at least they are going to get me a new steering wheel since the leather is falling apart on mine. He said it's usually not covered but they were going to cover it. I'll let you know what they find.

[ November 13, 2001: Message edited by: 00RT ]

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
OUCH

·
Registered
217 Posts
wow, and I thought I had it bad when they tore my engine down twice!! At least I had nothing else go wrong (major anyway). BTW they replaced 4 intake valves on my engine, two each time. just waiting for it to go bad again someday..... :(

·
Registered
336 Posts
There was a guy on the old R/T forum that had to have the whole bottom half of his engine replaced. Hopefully it's all still under warranty!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Luckily, it's still under warranty. I just got off the phone with the dealership. The service advisor I deal with was gone for the day, but the guy I talked to looked at the paper work and said they had to order bearings for it. He didn't see anything about a connceting rod or a lifter, but told me to call tomorrow to find out more. Maybe it's time to trade it in on a new one. If I put in a request I wonder if Otto can build mine personally? :D

·
Registered
26 Posts
Go buy an 02 before the 19th of this month,... They come with a 7yr/100,000 mi powertrain warranty...!!!

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
not sure if you want me to build your whole car, the welding and painting is not something I'm very good at. :D :D

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Originally posted by ottowrkr:
not sure if you want me to build your whole car, the welding and painting is not something I'm very good at. :D :D
We are keeping track of this OTTO, sooner or later, with all the clues you give us...we will figure out exactly what you do! :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It turns out that the #3 and #4 connecting rod bearings were bad. The service advisor said they were scored pretty bad. I asked him if it was possbile that the knocking I've heard basically since I got the car was from that and not the purge selenoid like they were telling me, he said it is possible seeing how bad the bearings were. Oh well, at least it's fixed. I wasn't able to pick it up because I had a class. I'll have to wait until tomorrow after work to pick it up and see how it runs.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts