DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 96 Intrepid ES with the 3.5 Liter, and when I am stopped, idling, after I have been driving the car for a while, a bad smell comes out of the vents that smells like burning rubber. I have just recently got my transmission fluid and antifreeze changed, and they didn't see any leaks. It was making the smell before I got the fluids changed. Could it be my power steering pump at all? Because I was told that I have a small leak in it...so I just add power steering fluid every once in a while. Any ideas? Thanks

·
Registered
106 Posts
I also have a 96 ES 3.5L and I would have to say I have very occasionally/rarely got that burning rubber smell, but that was when I would almost redline it while unsafely driving while angry. It would linger there for a little while even after I stopped. but that's all I know... probably nothing special, just me flooring it too much. heh

-Dan :p

·
Registered
436 Posts
My car does that and I know for a fact that my differential leaks out of the tranny vent holes in the housing onto the exhaust. Man that stuff stinks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts