DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,

I have seen several of you make mention of removing the badges on your Intrepids. I would like to remove the stupid dealer stick on emblem that "adorns" my trunk lid right now. Of course, I need to do this without damaging the paint. Any ideas?
:confused:

·
That rhythm is INFECTIOUS.
18,595 Posts
I'm familiar with two methods of removal. Both require time and patience. :D Method depends on what kind of emblem is affixed.

If it's a cheapo chromed plastic with some fairly thick foam tape on the back (as many are), you can use a length of fishing line to 'cut' the emblem off, probably leaving most of the tape. Then it's just down to rubbing or 'rolling' the foam off with your thumb or fingers. I've heard that using a cloth to do the rolling also works. Then cleanup with some carb cleaner or goo-gone, clean, and re-wax! Applying heat to the adhesive will aid in removal.

I've also used a hairdryer to heat up the emblem and adhesive, then used something pointy and plastic to CAREFULLY pry up one corner or edge, then gently and carefully 'peel' the rascal off. Sometimes tape came off with it pretty cleanly!

Your mileage may vary!
E

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
I used a hairdryer and WD40 to get what sticky stuff was left behind. then rewaxed when i was done.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts