DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a Q-logic bandpass box with 2 12" mRockford Fosgate HX2s. Should i face the ports towards the cab or rear of the car for the best sound?

·
Registered
105 Posts
skeezerpleezer said:
i have a Q-logic bandpass box with 2 12" mRockford Fosgate HX2s. Should i face the ports towards the cab or rear of the car for the best sound?

Experimant with the positioning of the enclosure, dont go by what everyone else says to do!!!

Pointing the box towards the rear of the car will yield more boom boom type sound. pointing it towards the front might yield a more defined and un exaggerated bass sound. Do what sounds good to YOU!

But remember this, however you position the box, keep the ports at least twice the diameters distance from the cars interior if you can, if the ports are 3 inch diameter, keep them 6 inches from the seat back for example. Anything in front of a port will effect tuning. (not always practical I know)

·
Registered
692 Posts
uhhhh u purchased a pre-fabbed bandpass box? that was the first mistake cuz bandpass boxes have to built specifically for each application. You can buy sealed boxed and maybe even ported but bandpass boxes are real sensitive

·
Registered
105 Posts
NoLedge said:
uhhhh u purchased a pre-fabbed bandpass box? that was the first mistake cuz bandpass boxes have to built specifically for each application. You can buy sealed boxed and maybe even ported but bandpass boxes are real sensitive

Very true, each bandpass enclosure needs to be built for the specific woofer. BUT, this guy already has it and needs help. So, with that said, lets just let him try it out and experiment to get the best sonund

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If I would have had to pay for the box (rather expensive new) I probably woulda went a different route, but it was free so i'm gonna make it work. I had it in a grand prix before the trep and it sounded good, just wanted some input on what may sound best in an intrepid.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts