DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.I was just wondering if anyone watches the Barrett-Jackson auctions on The Speed Channel.Before Speed,ESPN used to tape it and show the auctions many years ago when they were hard up for programming... :grinpimp:... lol.I personally love seeing the cars and bikes that come through the assorted lots.I've always wanted to attend one,but haven't as of yet.Just curious as to everyone's thoughts about it.... :biggthump

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
Yes, i like to watch it also. Fun to see what cars are going for. And the people who buy them. Like last year some father bought his son a $400,000+ dollar vette for the kids prom. Thats it just for the prom. Dam i wish i had a father like that.

Reactions: slowbra

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL.....that's also another part that is interesting to watch:the bidders.Very different breed of folks...lol.Yeah,my late,great father would have told me,"well,if you think you're getting a ride like that for the prom,you better think again and get them hush puppies ready for some walking." :rollgrin:

·
Banned
4,553 Posts
I rented my uncle's '66 GT350 for Prom weekend my senior year! Felt the same pain back then (1982) paying that $$ out of my pocket as I would going to the Barrett-Jackson auctions would today! But it was worth it! :biggrin:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
In2Deep said:
I rented my uncle's '66 GT350 for Prom weekend my senior year! Felt the same pain back then (1982) paying that $$ out of my pocket as I would going to the Barrett-Jackson auctions would today! But it was worth it! :biggrin:

Oh man,that had to be so cool to pull up in a car like that;I bet it was damn well worth it.Kudos to you! :biggrin:

·
Banned
4,553 Posts
It was awesome! I had just totaled my 67 GTA the weekend before, and I didn't have another running Mustang to drive...I got t-boned by a 70 Galaxy 500 4-door at about 45 mph...I was bummed...and very sore! So, I gave my uncle a call, and $100 later, I had the GT350 for the weekend. Only stipulation was that I couldn't race it. I didn't race it at all, but I had a lot of offers! Actually, my GTA was quicker than the Shelby, but it just wasn't the same. I should have bought that car from him when he sold it...timing just wasn't right. I kick myself now though...

My uncle and I went to one of the B-J auctions after he sold the Shelby back in 1990. It is a VERY different crowd there, but it's sure fun to watch the cars roll by!!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It is fun watching it.Closest I came to being the envy of everyone was back in high school.Had a friend who a stereo shop and had lots of money.He has his red Corvette,which he drove all the time.But he also had a red '78 Trans Am,with the 403 motor in it.He knew I loved that car,so one Friday he calls out my name and throws me the keys.I just stood there stunned.He said the only stipulation was that me and a friend of mine had to give it a good wash and detail it,then we could have it for the weekend.Easy enough to decide that..we spent all day Saturday on that car,and cruised it the rest of the weekend.I have never gotten so much attention in my life.We were the envy of everybody on the strip and in school.The thing was immaculate and ran like a bat outta hell.So very fast!!!! :auto_08: Whoops,looks like I ventured a little off topic...Just wanted to share that awesome experience of a classic muscle car...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts