·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
1998 Dodge Intrepid ES
Third owner, purchased fall 2005 with 53000 miles

Mod List

Audio:
Pioneer Premier 12" subwoofer (1,000W RMS, 3,000W max)
Subzone Ported Box
Power Acoustik plasma sphere series amp
Pioneer head unit
Pioneer 6.5" speakers
4 Gauge wiring

Exterior:
Andy's Auto Sport body kit
OPTX Streetglow multicolor underglow L.E.D. kit
Arch Spoiler
Chrysler 300M Special 18" 15 spoke rims
Nitto NT555 225/45/18 Tires
Sylvania Silverstar Lowbeams and polished covers
rear window tint
debadged hood
blue wiper arms

Performance:
Custom Air Intake (www.j-intakes.com)
K&N Drop-In Air Filter
custom exhaust pipes
(2) Flowmaster 40 Series mufflers
(2) Magnaflow dual tip oval exhaust tips
ASP Underdrive Pulley and new belts
Raybestos Ceramic Brake Pads
suspension (shocks, struts, exacts unknown, $700)

Interior:
custom interior paint (dashboard, speaker/tweeter grills, etc.)
Blue ATC Display
shoulder pads, new colored wiper arms
Blue engine wire looms
cargo net
floor mats

ES model features: infinity tweeters, ATC, OTIS w/instant mpg

Video of Exhaust: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGqi7w2auew
Another video taken at the Mass. mini meet 06: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkfXvEocemI&NR

Leave some feedback and comments. I appreciate them.
Check out my cardomain page. If you rate my car good be sure to sign my guestbook or PM me and I'll be sure to return the favor.

Steve

·
Registered
6,362 Posts
The wheels look good, the kit looks good... ditch the seat covers and blue interior and you might just be on to something.

For a car as big as yours, I think its always cool to give the outside a sporty look with a simple body kit like that but then pop open the doors to see luxury! Get yourself some dark leather seats and go to town with factory bells and whistles.

·
Registered
8,625 Posts
I agree with Gazetowardthesky.

I think the outside is hot! But not really feeling the blue interior parts. I did something similar at one time and then went back to the factory look inside just thought the car's interior should look more luxury or class but hey that is just my .02

Car is really nice and keep up the good work.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
gaze and carlos-

Thanks for the feedback. Since those shots have been taken, I actually ditched the seat covers last month. I do want to ditch the cloth seats as well and either go with leather or racing seats, but I hae no clue what direction to take for each option, all I see are high price tags on them. I want to get exhaust done really bad, and I desperately need new treads for my 18s, so the seats may have to wait.

·
Registered
8,625 Posts
Good to see someone that can take comments and not go off the deep end. BTW what you might want to check with a local shop to just get the seats recovered in either leather or some type of leather like material. That way you do not have to worry about getting new seats and having shipped, right size, right color....etc.

I would def get the new rubber first, then do the exhaust (man I love mine) and then do the seats.

·
Registered
6,362 Posts
www.car-part.com

Thats probably the best place to track down some nice leather seats. I payed $150 for a full set of dark grey leather out of a 2000+ Concorde in near perfect condition and they were only like an hour drive away.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
car looks great man, about time i got a brother with a white intrepid with a kit man

edit those rims have to be a pain in the ass to keep clean

·
Registered
9,831 Posts
Please tell me that you DO have aftermarket exhaust with a car like that.
Stock exhaust + kitted trep = :(

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
crombie said:
Please tell me that you DO have aftermarket exhaust with a car like that.
Stock exhaust + kitted trep = :(

Not yet :banghead: I plan on getting a really nice exhaust though, I'm thinking of true dual exhaust with two of everything and quad tailpipes.

Vegas, the rims are tough to clean. Maybe twice a week i take this brillo sponge thingy I have and i just wet it and wipe off the brake dust. Kinda sucks.

Although I would like to make it out to Carlisle, I think it's a little too far for what I've got going on this summer.

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
Nice trep. You got to school about 5 minutes from where I grew up and about 10-15 minutes where I live now. If you see a 2002 300M Special, flag me down, I'd like to see that car up close.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
LOUD98ES said:
Nice trep. You got to school about 5 minutes from where I grew up and about 10-15 minutes where I live now. If you see a 2002 300M Special, flag me down, I'd like to see that car up close.
I won't have my car first semester (parents), but I definitely want to bring it up second semester. You'll be able to see the flaws of Andy's kit for yourself.

Keep it comin guys I wanna hear what you guys think.

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
gazetowardthesky said:
The wheels look good, the kit looks good... ditch the seat covers and blue interior and you might just be on to something.

For a car as big as yours, I think its always cool to give the outside a sporty look with a simple body kit like that but then pop open the doors to see luxury! Get yourself some dark leather seats and go to town with factory bells and whistles.

That's what I did...well, minus the leather seats (not a fan of Chrysler's leather quality) See my sig. thread for more details. Nice to see that you got rid of those seat covers. :fun_08:

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
Barto1127 said:
I won't have my car first semester (parents), but I definitely want to bring it up second semester. You'll be able to see the flaws of Andy's kit for yourself.

Keep it comin guys I wanna hear what you guys think.
I noticed, but figured I'd just let it roll :)

·
Registered
167 Posts
Nice ! How Many Of Us Got Andys Kit Already ?

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
Sweet, another Steve from CT!! Car looks good and as the others said, I would loose the blue interior stuff but otherwise I think it looks good. We should have a CT meet sometime.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Bump, show me some love guys. I'm gonna be getting some all season performance tires and probably a quad exhaust setup...what exhaust you think I should get magnaflow or flowmaster?

·
Registered
19,568 Posts
Nice White! I was gonna buy an Andy kit last year, but decided to get my 20's and lower it instead. If you're looking for constructive criticism or suggestions, I'd say throw some springs on that bad boy and take care of that wheel well gap. And the interior, hmmm, it looks like you did a good job painting it, but I'm not sure about the color. Seats? Yes, gotta have leather (or leather type covers) As for the kit, I've always liked the Andy Combat kit, but I heard how it doesn't really fit right, so I've been putting that off, while waiting to see what happens with the "showcars" kit. Of course, no "kit" is going to fit perfect.
As for the exhaust, I'll be going with the Flowmaster 80 series. Kcarlos2000 just had his done and it sounds GOOD!
And I love the StreetGlow LEDs, Yup, if you check my wish list, thats the one I'm getting also. Which btw, how much did you pay for yours? Now that I'm looking at it on your car, I think I'm gonna get the matching wheel well LEDs also (hint hint)
Car looks really good overall dude, keep up the good work...

1 - 20 of 72 Posts