DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
bastards. Damn car isnt even painted a yr and now there is a scratch on rear driver door and door handle. used some turtle wax compound and it lightened it a bit then used meguires wax to give it a shine. Wish i can park on my grass. Only safe place in this neighborhood. Sister got the 03 malibu,other sis got 05 civic,mom has 00 grand voyager,dad has a 97 grumman step truck for work. to many cars. Anyone recommed anything to get a scratch out. turtle wax scratch and swirl remover dont work. i have the heavy turtlewax compound. to scared to use it because its for extreme oxydation. this compound is like a dark brown color. the other turtle wax compound is a white one that i used. door handle i dont care for. handle could be replaced if need to. 2 nicks in the door handle dont bother me. its the paint job.
http://s9.photobucket.com/albums/a9...urrent=100_1184.jpg&refPage=&imgAnch=imgAnch1
on this pic u will see the 2 nicks on the door and then scratch goes to the left onto paint

·
Registered
663 Posts
Well, first. I like to say nice socks :rollgrin:

But, your kinda screwed if you want to truely get rid of the mark. I have a very simular issue. It looks ok when I polish the hell out of it. But, give it a week and its very visable. Drives me nuts. Ok, thats a short trip for me. But hey what the hell. I would use a rubbing compound and work a criss cross patern over the mark. Then polish the hell out of it with a good polish. You could use a wheel as well to really speed things up.

As for parking in the yard. Then you'll have asshats coming over to it just to **** with it. When they think you really care about it. They **** it up.

Oh, don't use scratchex or G13 scratch removers. I think they remove to much to fast. Of course this is personal opinion. And we all know what thats worth these days. Good Luck.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i ran outside to take that shot. threw the socks on fast. atleast the car has a nice shine. u can see yourself in it LOLOLOLOL

thanks for that criss cross tip. will try that out. i do have a polish wheel i could use. thanks again for the help

1 - 4 of 4 Posts